Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Betty White turned over 111,000 yesterday! Today I replaced the blend door actuator with a new Dorman part. No more thunk thunk thunk for 45 seconds upon EATC startup! :D

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Replaced the driver's side seat cushion heater element today, no luck making my heated seat work. There's a TSB to replace the elements in all Gen 5s built before 12/2007, so I've already ordered the back rest heater element. We're at 111,540 miles so far! :D

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Ordered new seat heater element, should be here soon. Also ordered and recieved a new radiator, a/c condenser/atf cooler, and a new expansion tank -> radiator hose. Upper and lower radiator hoses are in great condition and can be replaced at a later date.

Scored a set of oem take-off's from a 2016 Camaro LS/LT for $500 today. Brand new 18's with 245/50R18 Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S tires that had less than 200 miles on them, 11/32nds tread depth. Perfect for my Lincoln MKS wheels! For reference these Camaro wheels will be resold for around $400 once dismounted from the tires. And the tires retail online for anywhere between $206.99 and 239.99 each. I'd say i got a smoking deal lol.

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Had my shop replace the A/C Condenser, & Radiator. Bring the car home and it stops blowing cold the next day so I bring it back to them and they find one of the seals is bad. NBD, replace, recharge, test pressure, all is good, but they couldn't get the clutch to kick in. Tested high and low pressure switches and found high pressure switch was bad. Replaced high pressure switch at no charge. A/C is now frigid and no more leaking ATF from the condenser/trans cooler combo unit.*

Also installed my new seat heater element. My god the seat will really cook my back and a$$ now. I can't wait for next winter when it's cold enough to warrant the HI setting, LOL.

En route to my house via mail is 4x tire pressure sensors, 2x MKS wheels, and 2x Mountaineer center caps. If everything arrives on time I should be able to get them on the car next week.*

Also purchased Sam's old SCT tuner, he shipped it on Monday and it*will be here soon so I can get the strategy code in order to make the tune he had on his Sable compatible with my PCM.*

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The last 2x Lincoln MKS wheels have arrived as did the last 2x Mountaineer center caps. Currently waiting on my 4x TPMS sensors which will likely arrive on Monday. Wheels & tires will be mounted up next week if all goes well.

Today the car got a new windshield courtesy of my $0 glass deductible. The original was in garbage condition and was causing a lot of glare at night and in bright sunlight, now it's crystal clear!

Oil & Filter change is due in 2 weeks, while it's at the dealer for that, I'll have them complete the TSB #08-1-8 (For 2008 Taurus/Sable/Taurus X vehicles built before 11/28/2007, it is normal for the vehicle to roll while stopped on a slight incline, with the vehicle in drive or reverse gear and the brakes are not applied. There is a new calibration that will improve the hold capability on a slight grade and improve the ability to creep in drive and reverse. Customers should be advised that using the brake is still the best way to avoid rolling on a incline, grade, or hill)

I will also do a transmission fluid change probably the day after the above 2 services are completed if the weather cooperates. Currently at 114,600 miles and counting! :)

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The Sable's new setup. 09-12 Lincoln MKS 18x7.5" Wheels & WIDE 245/50R18 Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S Tires, finished off with 06-11 Mercury Mountaineer Center Caps.*

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
That is one well executed vehicle.
Love the wheels on it, it looks GREAT!
Thank you both! Definitely gives it a more agressive stance by filling out the wheel wells without being too wide! They don't rub, either! I also forgot to mention that the paint has been swirl corrected and sealed for 1 full year, really makes it pop in the sunshine!

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
At 115,314 miles, Betty White got an Oil/Filter and Transmission Fluid Change. 6qts of Mobil1 Full Synthetic 5W-30, Motorcraft FL400S Filter, and 5qts of Mercon V. Won't have to touch them both until 125,000. :D

21 - 30 of 30 Posts