Factory Options:
Power Moonroof
Navigation System
Sirius Radio
18" 7 Spoke Chrome Clad Wheels
Reverse Sensing System
Adjustable Pedals W/ Memory
Front Plate Bracket

Very happy with my purchase. This car is a dream and I fit comfortably in it! Stay tuned for more as it comes along! :)

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
I was wondering if this was your indulgence when I saw it on Instagram.

Did you trade one of the Bulls in to get it?

She's gorgeous. I love that black leather interior. There's always been a part of me that regretted not getting one of these cars in silver or black when they were still in production.

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I was wondering if this was your indulgence when I saw it on Instagram.

Did you trade one of the Bulls in to get it?

She's gorgeous. I love that black leather interior. There's always been a part of me that regretted not getting one of these cars in silver or black when they were still in production.
Nope, didn't trade anything! Just needed something way more efficient for daily use. It's a bigger, newer, more reliable, lower mileage car that has more features and gets better gas mileage and costs less to fill up (regular vs. premium). Eleanor's going to get sold sooner or later once I finish the couple of projects I started, then I'll be back to Betty White and Barney :)

Thank you! It's literally as mint as you can get, garaged every night, dealer maintained at the dealer I bought it from every 5000 miles since new, the seat belt still smells of the old woman's perfume as they didn't even detail it before putting it on the lot, that's how clean it is. I just pulled an OASIS report at work today and it only had 2 warranty repairs done on the car. :)

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd say that was a good deal! I would have pulled the trigger too.
Thanks! Me too! I actually test drove it twice back to back Wednesday and Thursday and just had to have it haha.

I found just a couple issues with the car that will get repaired on their own time as they're NBD to me now:
- Driver's side heated seat does not work, Sam had this issue and replaced the heater pad ($50 part) and it fixed the problem.
- Wheels all need to be rebalanced, slight vibration above 40mph.
- Floor mats are needed, this car didn't come with any, so I've been looking for an OEM set on eBay

·
Administrator
14,345 Posts
Dude... what the hell is with Stealerships and mats?? It takes 5 minutes to clean them. My wife's Sonata has basically one good mat. No rears, and the passenger one has a paint stain. Most cars come in WITH mats. I brought it up to them and he said he was 'going to see if he had a set'...... still waiting on that call. For $45 I'm not dealing with them. What REALLY pissed me off is that there is a dealership sticker on the windshield that says the oil was changed. My ass! Good thing I looked cause the oil was dark as anything with some cheap service grade oil filter. Nice and clean now though. Needless to say I will NOT be returning to that dealer, which is sad cause they keep getting cars that I like. There was a 2010 SHO I would have LOVED to get..... but not for my wife. :D

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dude... what the hell is with Stealerships and mats?? It takes 5 minutes to clean them. My wife's Sonata has basically one good mat. No rears, and the passenger one has a paint stain. Most cars come in WITH mats. I brought it up to them and he said he was 'going to see if he had a set'...... still waiting on that call. For $45 I'm not dealing with them. What REALLY pissed me off is that there is a dealership sticker on the windshield that says the oil was changed. My ass! Good thing I looked cause the oil was dark as anything with some cheap service grade oil filter. Nice and clean now though. Needless to say I will NOT be returning to that dealer, which is sad cause they keep getting cars that I like. There was a 2010 SHO I would have LOVED to get..... but not for my wife. :D
Yikes! Mine is missing ALL of them, so they may have just been lost when the car was cleaned upon trade in. In both of our cases eBay has new OEM floor mat sets that are fairly inexpensive. I'll be ordering a rubber set later this week and a carpet set once it actually starts acting like summer outside haha.

Just ordered "SABLE" logo'd plate frames tonight! They'll go on when my plates come in.

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
Nice price, and good for you with the early payoff plans.

May that car last you a long, long, long time. She's a beaut! Your meticulous efforts in maintaining it will dignify it well.

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice price, and good for you with the early payoff plans.

May that car last you a long, long, long time. She's a beaut! Your meticulous efforts in maintaining it will dignify it well.
Thank you! I hope it will last a long long time as well! I plan on doing a preventative tune up at 120K just to keep things running nicely. Also getting it professionally paint corrected and sealed in the late spring by my best friend's grandfather who runs a mobile detailing business. She'll shine and run like new for years to come! :D

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Detailed the car today! It only really needs a basic paint correction and sealant to be perfect! :)

With my best friend's 2016 Mustang EcoBoost Premium :)

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My plates are in! I'll pick them up tomorrow when I drop the car off for tint at the dealer. They're also giving me a loaner car for the day which is nice! Here are the last pics of the car without window tint!

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Today's loaner car! 2012 Fusion S base model 2.5L with 59K miles, worn down pretty good but I liked the way it drove! Put 150 miles on it in the 8 hours I had it haha. Averaged 31mpg! My service advisor was shocked and amazed that I took the time to run it through a cheap touchless car wash before I brought it back to her haha. :)

Now, time for Betty White's updates!:

OEM Rubber Floor mats came in today!

Also got the car back from tint and I LOVE IT! 35% all around with no 3rd brake light cutout, perfect darkness for a factory look!

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Took a day trip to Portland yesterday! Left at 8:00AM and got back at 1:45AM. 6 total drive hours and almost 430 miles round trip, in the pouring rain. Today's weather was actually pretty nice so I cleaned the whole car up inside and out. Turned over 110,000 on the way back up from Portland as well!

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Made the first payment on Betty White! About 3 weeks early and about 2.5x the minimum payment amount. ON track to paying it off in under 1.5 years (4 year loan)!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts