Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your Opinion please,my car (2006 taurus)has a code of p300 random cylinder misfire,the dealer says its the manifold air control valve not working.would that cause a rough idle and a p300 code?the valve is 145.00 an i cant spend any more momey on parts i dont need.thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Are you sure they're saying it's not working, instead of leaking vacuum? The o-ring gasket in the valve itself is a common failure item, but can be fixed using the gasket off a oil filter. http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/82-maintenance-repair/139394-just-purchased-gen-iv.html This link should help you out with a DIY fix on that part, and save $135.

But there is a TSB on the '06 Taurus having to do with a pcm re-flash, that sounds like it may be the problem, or part of the problem, with P0300. When the engine is hot, at idle, without a/c running, does the tech bounch up and down about 50 rpms? If so, you need the re-flash. The dealer "should" know about the TSB re: re-flash.

When you say "spending more $ on parts I don't need", has this dealer been already throwing parts on a problem that hasn't been diagnosed? If that's true, I wouldn't go back there.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
I had that done and the TSB was 6-05-05. My tech bounced more like 100 before the reflash. It solved the P300 codes but I still have a tech bounce of about 50. Hope that helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts