Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Hell, mine's 11 and still depends on me for everything, go figure, right?? I mean c'mon, how the hell does this happen?? Damn people take some responsibility for what you do and teach your children, fu ck!! You know what, have a nice day, I'm not going there, not today, later................

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
technically that is too young to commit a crime, so he wont be charged with anything or have a license push back held over him.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
it just pisses me off that the article blamed video games for problems in our society...again

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
How is that child endangerment?

When I was about that kid's age, I played **** like Doom and Duke Nukem 3D (Uncensored, so I saw pixelated breasts) on the Packard Bell.

Video games aren't the problem.

When I was about 10, I took my parents 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme for a drive around the block a few times when my parents were at work. My dad ended up getting a ride from one of his friends, I had the day off of school, and I knew my dad hid the spare keys in his desk :p

I parked the car exactly how I found it (Put a stick to mark the position of the tires)

They never knew I did it, until I eventually told them recently

Fact, Kids WILL get into things that parents think is well hidden. or tell their kids not to. My dad thinking the keys to the Olds in a jar, in his desk, behind a ton of crap, was pretty secure (And, we were not allowed in his desk, but that never stopped me :lol: )

Virginia just sucks I suppose. If anything that kid needs a good spanking.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
How is that child endangerment?

When I was about that kid's age, I played **** like Doom and Duke Nukem 3D (Uncensored, so I saw pixelated breasts) on the Packard Bell.

Video games aren't the problem.

When I was about 10, I took my parents 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme for a drive around the block a few times when my parents were at work. My dad ended up getting a ride from one of his friends, I had the day off of school, and I knew my dad hid the spare keys in his desk :p

I parked the car exactly how I found it (Put a stick to mark the position of the tires)

They never knew I did it, until I eventually told them recently

Fact, Kids WILL get into things that parents think is well hidden. or tell their kids not to. My dad thinking the keys to the Olds in a jar, in his desk, behind a ton of crap, was pretty secure (And, we were not allowed in his desk, but that never stopped me :lol: )

Virginia just sucks I suppose. If anything that kid needs a good spanking.
[/b]
It is not the video games. As I said, how can the parents be sleeping while their 6 year old child! is up, getting ready for school and getting to the bus?! Were they passed out drunk from too much partying the night before?

At 10 you are alloted a little more freedom. You can get up and make yourself a bowl of cereal. You likely will not get dressed and brush your teeth, but you may. At 6 ... 6! My mother walked me to school until I was in the 4th grade. Then my brother was in charge as he was in the 6th grade. Our school was less than half a mile from the house and we always went with the other kids on our street. I can't imagine a parent whos kid has to get on a BUS to get to school be sleeping during that time. That is absurd.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i remember when i was 5 or so i had walked to the preschool that was a few blocks from my house without anyone but then again i didn't even go to school then but i wanted to and i would sit outside and wait for the bus. and that day i guess i just took it upon myself to walk to the school. then my mom got a call from the school that i had walked up there and i didn't go there.

·
Registered
594 Posts
That Taurus wasn't a 2005...

·
Registered
320 Posts
I heard about this on the radio the other day.. I thought it was kind of funny.
I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. The parents should be punished for not getting their lazy asses out of bed and supervising their child, but its not like they let him take the car, he stole it. So child endangerment might be a little harsh. Maybe a little less severe charge would be in order.
The kid stole a car, BUT he stole it to go to school. so he's basically a good kid, he just made a BIG mistake.
So with all that in mind this is what I would do..

Parents punishment: Pay for all damages to people and property, maybe some parenting classes.
Kid's punishment: a lecture on how he could have killed someone or himself AND a good spanking to make sure he gets the point.

Just my 2 cents . :)

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Not watching you young child and knowing what he is up to, especially while in your home, so you can catch some more z's is bad parenting and in and of itself endangerment.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
That Taurus wasn't a 2005...
[/b]
:huh: didn't notice that before.

·
Registered
201 Posts
i drove 2 years before i got my license, had my own truck beofre my license a 1979 F250 dually Diesel paid 200 for it lasted me 4 years until my first taurus/ mind u i only plowed he houses on my street

1 - 20 of 20 Posts