Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you guys know, you need at least 10 members to have a chapter. The situation is being discussed among the other chapter mods right now.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
You guys have work to do. :) :thumb:

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
<div class='quotemain'> You guys have work to do. :) :thumb: [/b]
How long did that take to figure out?
[/b][/quote]

I did ask "Is there anything that needs to be done to complete the process so the PacNW Chapter gains official recognition?" in another thread. Nobody responded nor mentioned about having at least 10 members. If that was the case, we probably would had waited to see if there were 10 members before voting. It's a misscommunications.

Maybe just move the PacNW forum into the WCC as a subforum?

dang, I dont know where we can get more. I already found and pmed multiple people
[/b]
Ask others in your 'chapter' to help. :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ditto. I'll do likewise.

-Steve

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thinking about it, I have to agree with fdogg, why wasn't this an issue until just now? I specifically remember him asking what needed to be done, and in the thread it was posted in, no comment in re: needing 10 or more members was ever brought up.

IMO, and putting my two cents' worth out there, I think the West Coast Chapter as it is (er, was?) is just far too broad, and in its previous setup (with a WC Northern and a WC Southern subforum each), actually MIRRORS what we are doing right now, (and right now, in its current forum with the PNW chapter - is more geographically correct).

While those in California may refer to themselves as West Coasters, we Washingtonians and Oregonians are coloquially referred to as Pacific Northwesterners (as we're more commonly referred to as the Pacific Northwest geographically speaking. Idahoans not exclusive)

Anyways, off the soapbox I go...

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's because no one could find the documentation, yet all the chapter mods claim it's there.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
i can find out... *texts bob*

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
When that info is found, we should sticky it. :)

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
No, I disagree. It should have been passed from the power that was, to the powers that be. Problem with that is at the time of the passing of the guard, the TCCA was in a little bit of turmoil, so I'm sure things got left out, and others were just not thought of. If I remember correctly they used to be posted along with the regular site info and site rules and regs. We as chapter mods were also required to turn-in a charter "log" as it were for current/active posting members and members that were stale and stagnant, although that was really never enforced. In reality it's kind of hard to do that with all the traffic the site sees from day to day and people that register just to lurk.

I just don't understand why you just went and created this out of the blue, what was wrong with the way it was? I mean if it was "just a mirror of what we're doing now" then obviously it was ok. So it was "spread out" OMG don't you think Texas and the surrounding states aren't spread out? I mean, just to go visit Zorin, would take me 8 f'kin hours to get OUT of Texas, let alone the rest of the drive. 4-5 hours to see Spridget, 4-5 hours to see Sean in S.A., 4 hours to see the guys in Corpus Christi. Hell, it can even take me 2 hours IN HOUSTON, to go to Mark's house. Really, if a member is going to come from "where-ever" to be included in a meet for what ever reason, they'll do it. Otherwise, just post up a thread about the thing, send out a few e-mails, and go from there. It's that easy.

I saw something posted in another thread, correcting someone of which chapter they belong to. "You're in the southeast, not the Texas chapter." Well, you're only HALF right. And while we're addressing geographics(technically). Let's ask WHY Kentucky, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, etc etc. aren't included in the SOUTHERN chapter. Haven't they been included in the "SOUTH" ever since the CIVIL WAR. But you certainly don't see them in this here Southern chapter. Talk about being "spread out", so really, is there a GOOD reason to have gone trough all this BS? West Coast, plain and simple, no muss no fuss.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I'm not talking about maintaining updated chapter rosters and stuff. I'm talking about stickying the information that contains the proper procedure of creating a chapter. That's all. :)

·
Banned
515 Posts
But look at how far we PACNWers have already come. none of us were ever active in the west coast forum, but now that we have our own place to congregate we are being more active and searching for more members. Is that not a definite bonus?

·
Registered
353 Posts
The problem is that the listings weren't geographically nor coloquially correct to begin with as they were. Come up to Washington, Oregon, Idaho and all points inbetween and you'll rarely hear anyone say "I live on the west coast." Usually, it's mainly "I live in the Pacific Northwest."

And geographically speaking, it's the correct way to refer to our part of the country. IMHHO, if we're going to have chapters here, it should have some sort of geographical correctness to it. On another board I frequent (and am a member of), it's set up geographically correct to where Washington, Oregon, and Idaho are referred to as "Pacific Northwest," California, Nevada, Utah and Arizona as the "Southwest," and so on.

But hey, I also have the "If You Build It They Will Come" mentality that seems so long forgotten these days. Hey, we might only have a few active posters and members now, but at least with the fact that we now have a more active "Pacific Northwest" chapter, I'm probably willing to bet that more members from the area would be active as time goes on.

Just my .02, oh wait, maybe $1.50 by now... :)

But look at how far we PACNWers have already come. none of us were ever active in the west coast forum, but now that we have our own place to congregate we are being more active and searching for more members. Is that not a definite bonus?
[/b]

Very well put. Agreed wholeheartedly!

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Well it's finally nice to see that we got a TCCA chapter for the pacific northwest. Myself and a few other member had tried once before many many moons ago. Now if only I still had my Taurus, but I'm thinking about a 2010 SHO if this new job comes through for me.

Daren

·
Registered
285 Posts
How many members do we now have in the chapter? I haven't been around this site in a real long time. Thought it was time to check back in, I still have my same 2 Taurii.

It's just that it's been a couple of years now since I've had trouble with either of 'em! Not counting some new-driver-in-the-house damage.

Ford sure built them right!

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
QUOTE (Dan_in_WA @ May 23 2009, 01:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=727375
How many members do we now have in the chapter? I haven't been around this site in a real long time. Thought it was time to check back in, I still have my same 2 Taurii.

It's just that it's been a couple of years now since I've had trouble with either of 'em! Not counting some new-driver-in-the-house damage.

Ford sure built them right![/b]
You have 17 members according to the pinned Chapter Roster. There are more ppl around floating that have not yet joined. Keep a look out for them and send them a pm asking them to join.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts