Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about ready to buy new tires as soon as I get paid. I've kinda decided on the Yokohama Avid TRZ . Are these tires any good, or are there better ones for a similar price. I figured out by the time I get them shipped and mounted they'll be about $105 a tire. Is there a better deal that maybe I could find locally?

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
How far are you from one of their facilities? You may be able to pick up the tires from TireRack direct and avoid shipping charges.

I have Toyo Proxes TPT on my car now, and they've been nothing but great to me (I've had them for a "long and hard" ~35K miles) that you can get from TireBarn or one of the online retailers. If I remember right, they cost me just under $500 for all four tires, mounted, balanced, and with road hazard warranty and free rotations. Another tire that is worth checking out are Falken Ziex ZE-912's. They were just on sale at Sears for a "buy 3 get 1 free" deal (which afaik will be back within the next couple of weeks). Although I have never personally had them on my vehicles, but my boyfriend has them on his Grand Prix and they grip very well! I am pretty impressed by the tires quiet-ness and ability to stick to the road in incliment weather (snow included!)

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
It sure depends on your driving style, of course. I'm about to buy a set of Cooper CS-4. They are getting rave reviews and are pretty much exactly what I'm looking for when it comes to a balance of wet, snow, and dry performance combined with expected lifetime and all that. I had a set of Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S on one car, and they were fantastic, but also very short life.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
i have those and wow my treat are almost done and yet the tire still drive great even with rain and so on

i just love those tire

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
one off the best there is like 2 or 3 tire in the higher end but for ours car i found this was the best type tyr the other and did not like the feeling

they last long have a real nice water grip

and even a nice winter grip too

as for sound i dont even hear them

and they have and ok price tag

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
lol i would have been dead by now

and im sure those people dont even check theyre tire pressure and the tire on the ruck look like it bald where are the treead

and if the tire delaminated itself he was maybe going way over is rated speed limit there a ton off reason

but ive had those trz for 5 year now and before that i had soem other tire too

maybe they have som eprb with truck tire

but who was the other compagny that was making the suv rollover with bad tire lol

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
I've put 20k on my tires the TRZs and they still look new. People who don't keep their tires inflated, align their cars or rotate their tires blame their tires for going bald... They're idiots.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
I have TRZ's on the '03 wagon and I just put a set on the wifes mustang. I have run them through 2 Ohio winters with no problems at all. I was worried becasue this spring I noticed that my tires were cracking right along the rims. When I went to the tire shop that installed them almost 2 years and 16K miles ago, they called yokohama who sent out a NEW SET at no cost. So for the milage AND customer satisfaction I am very pleased with those tires. Where else are you going to get an 80K milage tire for that price?? I do agree also that you need to always check tire pressure and rotate those things often, I do mine about every 3-4K along with my oil changes.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
I have them on my Taurus in 225/55R16. I've only had them for about 7k miles, though.

They were free after writing a letter to Yokohama about my previous two sets of AS430s - which are 60k mile tires. One set lasted 18k and the other 22k - and that's being rotated and balanced every 5k-ish and having the alignment checked about twice a year. I drive at least 75% interstates, but my around town driving is harder than average on tires (I live in a hilly area where there's really no such thing as a straight road).

Basically, my future of buying Yokohamas ever again rides on the treadwear of this set - they're rated for 80k. I'll be happy if I get two thirds of that, although this car won't be my daily driver anymore before I hit that kind of mileage. :)

They have VERY soft sidewalls compared to the AS430s. It handles a lot more like a big car with the TRZs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts