Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
MAN! I little hard on the guy, don't you think? Well, since nobody has anything positive to add, I will. I think he's telling he truth. Why? Because I can keep up with the Dakota sports (Note: I didn't say BEAT!) and I drive a 7500 lb truck! Good job mrcow32. Kick his a**!

Damn. All the negativity. I guess I won't be sharing my story about tieing with a V-6 Mustang with pipes (and I'm stock).

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by TheGreatPoo@Feb 15 2004, 11:53 AM
MAN! I little hard on the guy, don't you think? Well, since nobody has anything positive to add, I will. I think he's telling he truth. Why? Because I can keep up with the Dakota sports (Note: I didn't say BEAT!) and I drive a 7500 lb truck! Good job mrcow32. Kick his a**!

Damn. All the negativity. I guess I won't be sharing my story about tieing with a V-6 Mustang with pipes (and I'm stock).
Nah, not being hard on him...

Just trying to figure out if he was the same guy that said he wasnt in it for the races.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
My bad. It's just that when you said the dakota does 0-60 in 8.3 in your original post you didnt say whether it was 2wd or 4wd. I knew you raced the 4x4, but I wasn't sure which truck those stats were for.

I had a really short race with my friend's mid to late 90's 2wd dakota. It was from 45 to like maybe 55 or 60. I was pulling pretty steadily and got his bumper to my rear door, but then we hit some traffic.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Post your complete mod list if possible.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
what kind of chip do you have? Mine will shift at 5k rpm stock, but i will hold it in 1st for it to shift into 2nd at 6k rpm. i really was hoping that a chip would raise the shift points. oh well, good ole column shifting it is. good kill!

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Originally posted by jtkz13@Feb 16 2004, 04:36 PM
Post your complete mod list if possible. 
Who me? or Mrcow?

In case you were talking to me, this is what I've done.

-Superchip
-ShoShop UDP
-Removed EGR
-Transgo shift kit
-Hamemade fenderwell CAI with K&N part # RF-1025
-Torque strap
-VAK ( cuts the PS on all gen3's
)
-Relocated Battery
-Odyssey PC925
-2 1/2" mandrel bent single pipe cat-back exhaust with fm 40 series deltaflow
-Trunk is gutted except for battery and factory radio thing that the antenna plugs into
-Removed hood blanket and cowl weather-stripping
-Replaced OEM floormats with cheapo light weight vinyl floor mats
-Removed factory power antenna for rubber stubby antenna.
-Mobil1 w/ K&N filter

I think that's all of them, Ill update if I remember any that I may have left out. And it's all on a 97 duratec with over 125k miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts