Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2008 Taurus Limited is a VERY nice car.....

...and they have great brakes to...

I'm the proud owner of a new Taurus, trading in my 2001 SEL with 168,000 miles on it...

She was a good car, but I must admit that the 9 sets of brakes I put into her was abit trying...

I tried all brands of rotors and pads, used all the tricks, torqued my own tire/wheel sets, everything I read and heard of to no avail.

She was good, but good riddance.

This 2008 is in a whole 'nother class of automobile.

I test drove BMW, Acura, Nissan, Volvo, Honda, and even a used Mercedes (POS) and this Taurus affords all the comfort, performance and style I could get for the money.

Did I mention this car can get out of its own way? Oh yea.....! Watch the torque steer with the pedal down, she jumps and if your not paying attention she will jerk your grip from the steering wheel....

And Sirius radio with sync?

Its the cat's meow....

Thanks Ford, hope you survive the times.

Thanks for the nice forum.

CPO

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
It's very nice inside. I got to do some work with an '08 Sable at school (it was just basic electrical and electronics diag), but when I sat in the car, I spent a good 10 minutes just checking everything out. It was really nice inside, and very comfortable. The interior had a very good build quality. I wish I could have taken it for a drive. Hope you enjoy many years with yours.

It won't be in my price range for quite some time, unfortunately. I've got 10 years of paying off student loans ahead of me.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
I have to say, the 5th gens are awesome. I started valet parking last week, and even with all the new S550s, 5 series, H2s and Navigators I've been driving, I really enjoyed the 2008 Sable and older Montego I drove.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
The 2008 Taurus Limited is a VERY nice car.....

...and they have great brakes to...

I'm the proud owner of a new Taurus, trading in my 2001 SEL with 168,000 miles on it...

She was a good car, but I must admit that the 9 sets of brakes I put into her was abit trying...

I tried all brands of rotors and pads, used all the tricks, torqued my own tire/wheel sets, everything I read and heard of to no avail.

She was good, but good riddance.

This 2008 is in a whole 'nother class of automobile.

I test drove BMW, Acura, Nissan, Volvo, Honda, and even a used Mercedes (POS) and this Taurus affords all the comfort, performance and style I could get for the money.

Did I mention this car can get out of its own way? Oh yea.....! Watch the torque steer with the pedal down, she jumps and if your not paying attention she will jerk your grip from the steering wheel....

And Sirius radio with sync?

Its the cat's meow....

Thanks Ford, hope you survive the times.

Thanks for the nice forum.

CPO
[/b]
This is exactly why the current Taurus isn't selling well and why the Taurus has lost it's way... A Taurus (even the highest model) should NOT have an OEM GPS and all the other goodies IMO... For it to get back to it's roots, the Taurus needs to be an every man car once again.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
This is exactly why the current Taurus isn't selling well and why the Taurus has lost it's way... A Taurus (even the highest model) should NOT have an OEM GPS and all the other goodies IMO... For it to get back to it's roots, the Taurus needs to be an every man car once again.
[/b]
Being a well-optioned car is why it's not selling?

Times have changed greatly since the creation of the first Taurus. Cars have grown, and so have a lot of peoples pocketbooks. I don't think OEM navi in a Taurus is offensive at all, considering HONDA CIVICS have an oem navigation option, nowadays. How great would Ford look if they let their "big" car get out-optioned by an economy car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts