Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm new here obviously, and yes, I have done a bit of searching here but I want to be certain that I am using the correct hose to put the Seafoam through.

The picture attached has a box circled(Brake Booster?) and to the left is the hose I believe needs disconnected where I can then slowly let it suck in the Seafoam.

I just want reassurance that this is the correct hose.

Also, more importantly how much Seafoam do you think needs to be ran through? I'm thinking 1/3 of the can.

Thanks ahead for all the help!

Engine1.jpg

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I used that hose too. It worked. Follow the directions on the can. I think 1/3-1/2 should be ok. As you pour seafoam, do it slowly. Allow the vacuum hose to kinda suck the liquid in instead of outright pouring it in. You will probably need an assistant to keep up the RPM. The engine starts idling roughly once seafoam is being poured into the hose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the fast reply fct. One more question. That box the hoses go into. Should I pull the hose off from the left of the box or the right side hose. And on the right side if that's when obviously I pull it out before the throttle body and let it dibble into that hose and let it go through that box?

Also, did your car run better afterwards?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I disconnected the hose from the passenger side of the box. I did this at 70,000 miles. I always used premium brand regular fuel and changed my oil every 3,000 miles using the cheapest conventional oil. Once I started the engine, there was some white smoke, but not as much as in some videos I have seen on youtube. The engine run great before the seafoam procedure. To tell the truth, I did not feel any difference before and after. I assume the effect of seafoming could be greater with much older engines. I would not consider using seafoam again unless the car has at least 100,000 miles with an unknown maintenance record.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts