Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When income taxes get here I plan on spending about $8-900 just on two twelves and an amp (not including the box). I already have a good sized closed box and wiring kit from my last system.

I don't know what to get. I want to hit a 150 or as close as I can get (hopefully more). It is going in a 94 bull.

I don't know anything about wiring for 1-ohm or any of that so I'm getting it done.

·
Registered
594 Posts
well if you are wanting to get that high in the db levels expect to have good upgrades of everything else. Dont make the mistake of buy two nice subs and putting them in a box thats not the correct size for the subs.

I kinda look at it like if your gunna have a nice system...have a nice system..subs, amp, HU, compnents, goodwiring kit, battery(maybe two), caps, and finally the best upgrade would be better alternator.

my jl setup i had you shut down all my power assecories when the alternator couldnt put out enough...kinda puts a damper on your party when this happens.

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
May not be a bad idea to think about matting the trunk with some deadening material. Make it sound a lot better. Not to mention it wont sound like BZZZzztBZZZzzztBZZZttt as you go down the road from the outside.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was at a sound competition a while back and you couldn't even hear any bass at all from 90% of the cars (windows up) but the big sign they used so everybody could see the SPL and it was never under 140 for any car. I don't want a system nobody can hear, sometimes I like showing off.

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
ppl that aren't "yay big" don't need to show off :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Well I listen to lots of metal.

I really like how my JBLs sound. They hit hard and quick, so you get the snappy feel of the toms (in my case sometimes they are actually painful) and the heavy hit of the kicks. Definitely get a 10 or 12, with an awesome box..

·
Registered
2 Posts
if you want to hit some big db readings get either digital designs

kicker solo x's.cuase my uncle competes and he had 2 digital designs

9500 series 12's in a ported box and he hit 154.4 at an iasca comp.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ppl that aren't "yay big" don't need to show off :ph34r: [/b]

lol, I just like a LOT of bass sometimes

I will see if I can find some digital designs or kicker solo 9500s. The only thing is the box I already have is plenty big enough but it is sealed.

What is "clean" bass and how do you get it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts