Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site is really awesome. I have used it alot for the last month and a half since I purchased the 01 Se. Since then the wife and I have noticed that like every other car we see seems to be a taurus. There must be jillions of them on the road. So I have found everything on here that I have looked for so far expcept taurus year to year production numbers. Did I miss this? Is it a highly guarded Ford secret?

There must have been at least 200000 per year made.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
What I would like to find out is how many of each model taurus were made for 2003, as well as how many had the duratec and the vulcan motors. Is there a place to find this out ????

·
Registered
276 Posts
What I would like to find out is how many of each model taurus were made for 2003, as well as how many had the duratec and the vulcan motors. Is there a place to find this out ????
BUMP!
Someone out there has to have this data by now.

Oh, and to make it one harder: Which had more volume, Atlanta or Chicago?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Whether true or not, one sad thing I've heard (source unk) is that Ford lost an average of $1000 per unit during the final production years.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wanna know how many 2004 ford taurus ses were made I tried looking at the site bullgeek posted but I didn't see anything up there that said how many were made

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,010 Posts
I wanna know how many 2004 ford taurus ses were made I tried looking at the site bullgeek posted but I didn't see anything up there that said how many were made
Get a detailed build sheet from Ford. They'll give you production numbers (though the level of detail varies by model).

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
2004 was also the last year that the SES package was offered.

I got one of the last SES Sport models produced in the new merlot color first offered in 2004. :)

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,010 Posts
2004 was also the final year of production at the Chicago plant for the D186/DN101 cars.

Of course, now they build the D3 Taurus/Sable models in Chicago again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts