Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been Wayyyy to long. We got a 2001 SES today. :ford: :mj_banana:

The price was right. All leather. I assume it's a vulcan. I think the tecs are 8 cyl right? Has a pretty good miss but only has 100,300 miles on it. Has a busted line that looks to be a vac but when I had car started could not feel any vaccum in it. PO thinks it was for the wind shield wiper sprayers. See the pic of motor for where the vac is located has a small yellow arrow pointing to it not good pic though. I have not had a chance yet to really check it out. Car will be here tomorrow or the next day. He is delivering it. I swear that tauruses are an addiction! I really hope this one is not taken from us early too.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Been Wayyyy to long. We got a 2001 SES today. :ford: :mj_banana:

The price was right. All leather. I assume it's a vulcan. I think the tecs are 8 cyl right? Has a pretty good miss but only has 100,300 miles on it. Has a busted line that looks to be a vac but when I had car started could not feel any vaccum in it. PO thinks it was for the wind shield wiper sprayers. See the pic of motor for where the vac is located has a small yellow arrow pointing to it not good pic though. I have not had a chance yet to really check it out. Car will be here tomorrow or the next day. He is delivering it. I swear that tauruses are an addiction! I really hope this one is not taken from us early too.

[/b]
The tecs are DOHC 24V V6 engines not V8's.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Only 8-cyl Taurii are G3 SHOs.

Very nice!

(i knew i shoulda bought a taurus)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it just me or do the rims not match exactly? Nice car none the less.
[/b]

Yes they match, the pics are kind blurry. Was getting dark. And it is a new 10MP camarea slr thingy so where still learnin to use it. :)

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
the rims in fact do not match. there were two types of 5 spoke rims offered on the early gen 4, the difference is in the section between the spokes near the outer edge of the wheel, one style is smooth and more round, whereas the other is indented. by looking at the pics it would appear the front drivers side one has been replaced as it does not match the other rims

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
You have a duratec engine, and yeah, the wheels don't match. If it turns out that the fronts are different from the rears, I would just swap one so that the ones on the right match and the ones on the left match.

It's really not a big difference, just a tiny detail.

Anyways, the car looks great! Hope you enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
You have a duratec engine
[/b]

Wrong. :thumbsdown:

That is a Vulcan. Only Vulcans have 6 narrow individual visible intake runners. All Taurus Duratecs (Gen 3, Gen 4, Gen 5) have only 3 fat visible intke runners. However, the '04-07 Vulcan intake looks much more like a Duratec. The easiest way to tell them apart... the Vulcan's alternator is on top and clearly visible.

Duratecs

'04-07 Vulcan

sorry for the hijack

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
The newer wheel you have came out in 02 IIRC.
The extra area on it is called a stepledge. :)

Congrats on the new car!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
I might have an extra center cap for that wheel if you want it. Don't know it's exact location.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sure, I'll take it. Man I just realized how blind I was to the details. I was jones so hard for another taurus that I missed those details. Wife noticed them and just told me..lol

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Should have been obvious with the non-existent 24V badge :dunno:

Anyway, nice looking bull :thumb:
[/b]
You can just make out the top of the power steering pump cap in his picture too... That is indicative of a Vulcan too, as the Duratec has a bottle type resivoir at the back of the engine...

I can usually tell by the intakes too, the Vulcan ones go down alot deeper into the engine...

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The newer wheel you have came out in 02 IIRC.
The extra area on it is called a stepledge.
[/b]
I might have an extra center cap for that wheel if you want it. Don't know it's exact location.
[/b]
I'd scope out the junkyards for the 7 spoke machined alloys that came on '06-'07 SEL's, and some Sables, they would complement the maroon color of your new ride, I think the 7 spokes look better.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd scope out the junkyards for the 7 spoke machined alloys that came on '06-'07 SEL's, and some Sables, they would complement the maroon color of your new ride, I think the 7 spokes look better.
[/b]
Really? Any pics of some on a 01? These wheels?

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
wow. There's a whole lot of fail going on in this thread...

ANYWAY.

Nice lookin Bull, be sure to get some pictures up when you get it :thumb:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts