Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachmentid=28688] :ford: Hey guys, its really nice to see people who share a love for thier taurus that I have for mine. I have a 1995 Ford Taurus that i painted camoflauge, put a snorkel on it, and a few cool off roading lights. I have a couple more plans for the near future of what im going to do to the car, but any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated, any ideas would me awesome ive already done some pretty wild things.

Thanks alot
Enjoy the pic
:ford:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Search for some cool bath tub anti-skid stickys, and have some fun! I had a '80 green Bonneville that I had stuck green shamrocks all over the top of it, they were bathtub stickys.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Where is it? lol cool looking ride, welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
So I know the snorkel is so that the engine doesn't get flooded, but does that mean you had to seal off the engine compartment and make it waterproof? What about the passener cabin?

·
Registered
790 Posts
It makes me think 'hunting vehicle'

So I say spin-off of the machine gun turret and go for converting the trunk space into a mini mobile blind of some sort, with little stashes for guns and ammo and reading material in the trunk too.

That would actually be kinda sweet, imho. Call me weird.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Once the water gets to the distributor cap it ain't gonna run.

But looks cool otherwise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lol i had to join up here cuz i helped louie build that car.

The Distributor Cap on the car has been sealed off already
It's been drivin through puddles off road beyond to the point where the lights sticking up on the hood were underwater and ran like a champ throughout the whole thing.

We have since put a light bar on top and are actually doing the turret idea lol. i'll tell him to put more pics up soon.

·
Registered
223 Posts
LOL thats a first, ive never seen a car with a snorkle... i would think though that if you went that deep with that car it would float for a little before youd sink to get traction, right? I like the idea though but i would move those lights on the hood to the roof facing the back or maybe make a hood scoop with 2 nostrils and put those lights in the nostrils. You could also put a rack of blinders on the car, that way you could blind ppl that get in your way altough they tend to make fires if you leave them on too long.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts