Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every college in the area was closed today due to the massive snow storm going through!
I was supposed to have a test tonight, too.
Oh well, I still have to deal with snow and work, but not having school makes it all tolerable.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Same as him ^^^ <_<

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
<---- On Spring Break

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still had school. [sarcasm] It was really fun. [/sarcasm][/b]
That is teh suxor
I can't believe Cleveland area schools weren't called off.

Same as him ^^^  <_<[/b]
Where are you from? Did you get a lot of snow?

<---- On Spring Break 
[/b]
....next week for me

·
Registered
443 Posts
My father went down to Ohio for a job interview around Cleveland I think, because he got stuck there for another night because of what he called a blizzard. The interview was 2 hours long, when he got out the poor little bull was buried under at least 4 inches he told me.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Originally posted by 97GreenStreak3.0@Mar 16 2004, 12:41 PM
I still had school. [sarcasm] It was really fun. [/sarcasm]

Spring break here isn't until the middle of April and they call it Easter break.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by 2FST4U2C@Mar 16 2004, 07:46 PM
My father went down to Ohio for a job interview around Cleveland I think, because he got stuck there for another night because of what he called a blizzard. The interview was 2 hours long, when he got out the poor little bull was buried under at least 4 inches he told me.
yeah, that's what happened to me, lol. I have a pic of my car I took right before I cleared it off to leave work today. I'll post it as soon as I get home.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Jason--I live in on coast of SC. Spring break for me is the 2nd week of April. i havent seen snow in a looooong time.

·
Registered
933 Posts
what snow? I love snow! I wish there were more here. last big snow storm there was a big hole in it right over top of my head, an hour away they got like 8", we got nothing. still had classes, I'd like another day off, I just got back from my spring break.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Nick986@Mar 16 2004, 08:45 PM
Jason--I live in on coast of SC. Spring break for me is the 2nd week of April. i havent seen snow in a looooong time.
Oh, well of course you had school then, lol.
What weather-related reasons do they have to call off school there? Hurricanes??

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My hatred of snow on the roads comes from other people being dumb and causing problems. I am always worried about people rear-ending me when it's really slick.
I always stop way back so I have plenty of room to move forward if I think somebody is going to hit me.
But when I have an area free from obstructions (including other vehicles) it's always fun to play with the traction control and ABS.

Anyways, here's a pic of my car when I walked out to it after work:

Crap... I just noticed it's a crappy picture - oh well, you get the idea. I always park far away from everybody else for fear of door dings
so you can see where they had to plow around my car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225+Mar 16 2004, 09:52 PM-->QUOTE (jason8225 @ Mar 16 2004, 09:52 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Nick986
@Mar 16 2004, 08:45 PM
Jason--I live in on coast of SC.  Spring break for me is the 2nd week of April.  i havent seen snow in a looooong time.
Oh, well of course you had school then, lol.
What weather-related reasons do they have to call off school there? Hurricanes?? [/b]
Oh yes...plenty of those will start sometime next month and in may...all through till october/novemeber. We got lucky last year...hopefully the same this year. Making up school is a pain the butt, especially since they take the days u miss outa ur summer vacation, which starts May 22 (sat).

AND DANG...thats SNOW!? holy cow lol.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
How much snow do you need in the states to have all the schools shut down? Like 1/2 an inch?

STILL HARDKORE :spinningsmiley:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Twilight@Mar 17 2004, 10:46 PM
How much snow do you need in the states to have all the schools shut down? Like 1/2 an inch?

STILL HARDKORE :spinningsmiley:
lol, in Ohio it usually takes about 6 inches+ if it's only snow. If it's icy, it doesn't take a whole lot - and that's just for public schools. Colleges usually take a lot more.

...ooops.... I skipped my classes tonight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts