Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine misses in OD around 35-40MPH, brand new plugs, coil boots and two coils (one the terminal was corroded and wouldn't hold the spring on. tried swapping coils with a known good one but changing all of them out for the one good one never seemed to makea difference.

·
Registered
41 Posts
QUOTE (The_Silver_Bullet @ May 27 2009, 06:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728424
Engine misses in OD around 35-40MPH, brand new plugs, coil boots and two coils (one the terminal was corroded and wouldn't hold the spring on. tried swapping coils with a known good one but changing all of them out for the one good one never seemed to makea difference.[/b]
do you have scanner hook up see which cylinder is miss firing swap plugs with a known good cylinder if the miss remains on same cylinder swap coils with next cylinder if miss dosen't move could be electrical to coil, compression or fuel problem

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
I just went through this on my 2000, I actually had 2 bad coils at once. Does it do it at idle under load (a/c on)?

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
For some reason, these cars take forever to throw a miss code. I broke down and took it to the ford house for a diagnostic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts