Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am gettting alot of flak with what and/or how i write. frankly!, Im fuckin tired of stupid ass people having to push the "im better than you" **** on me i ask questions so i can learn not to be fucking put down for my ignorance. so if you want to put someone down because they don't do everything you want, remember what would Jesus do!

·
Registered
285 Posts
"STUPID ASS PEOPLE" WTF?! You are the one with spelling like a three year old. Try using spellcheck or at least proofreading BEFORE you hit "submit reply" Then no one will be "fucking put down for my ignorance"

And if Jesus were real... he would KNOW HOW TO SPELL!

Use spell check, and chill. :rolleyes2:

Sorry, but I and many others have no tolerance for people who type so badly it makes their posts almost impossible to read!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"STUPID ASS PEOPLE" WTF?! You are the one with spelling like a three year old. Try using spellcheck or at least proofreading BEFORE you hit "submit reply" Then no one will be "fucking put down for my ignorance"

And if Jesus were real... he would KNOW HOW TO SPELL!

Use spell check, and chill. :rolleyes2:

Sorry, but I and many others have no tolerance for people who type so badly it makes their posts almost impossible to read!
I'm sorry if you haven't dissed me before. it was to a select few. i do use spell check and change a lot but I'm a little short on the spelling side. i appreciate the help i get on here but don't like getting dissed for my views on something. besides, that I'm cool with people on here, i try to help where i can.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Welcome to the internet where people will nitpick the smallest things to death. It won't stop and will actually get worse when complaining. Good spelling and grammar represents who you are on the internet. Not bothering to capitalize or fix obvious spelling errors and using texting shorthand just shows you don't really care about what you have to say so people don't care about responding as it looks like a handout. It doesn't have to be textbook perfect nor does it have to be absolutely free of typos, but just good enough to be socially acceptable. Presentation is everything.

For what it's worth, this place has been rather tame about it. There are darker corners of the internet where they will absolutely destroy you for using poor spelling and grammar and then complain about being picked on. Also, you're not the first one here to post a topic like this and you probably won't be the last either.

The only excuse that does work, however, is if you set your location to a non-English-speaking country. People will just assume English isn't your native tongue and let it slide.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
This forum has rules that all members agree to follow when they join.

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law."

This is a place for friendly, civil discourse and discussion between members. Action(s) will be taken for members who can not abide by a few simple requirements.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Most of the people ,myself included, who use this sight have less than perfect grammar or letter writing skills. You just have to try and over look those issues and concentrate on what its really about, helping fellow Taurus/Sable owners deal with car problems.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm sorry if you haven't dissed me before. it was to a select few. i do use spell check and change a lot but I'm a little short on the spelling side. i appreciate the help i get on here but don't like getting dissed for my views on something. besides, that I'm cool with people on here, i try to help where i can.
I haven't "dissed you before" because I am not a grammar Nazi. I usually ignore bad spelling and grammar issues, but you decided to make it an issue with this topic. It just griped my nerves to see someone bitching about people correcting THEIR grammar. :rolleyes2:

It was late and I was tired. I was dealing with a bunch of wild teenagers at my daughter's 15th birthday party. Sorry, I apologize. :p

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't "dissed you before" because I am not a grammar Nazi. I usually ignore bad spelling and grammar issues, but you decided to make it an issue with this topic. It just griped my nerves to see someone bitching about people correcting THEIR grammar. :rolleyes2:

It was late and I was tired. I was dealing with a bunch of wild teenagers at my daughter's 15th birthday party. Sorry, I apologize. :p
That's understandable and i forgive you. i was in one of those moods when i started this thread. I apologize to those i offended by this thread.I write how I write because I text a ton and so it carries over to the internet, I try to do better from now on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts