Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question. I have my XM and Sirius antennas ran up and around my back glass. I ran the wires under the gasket that surrounds the window. I guess my question is this: Is there any harm in running the antenna wire under the gasket in either the front or back? On my '02 I had it up front and I did not like how the wire kept the gasket/seal from sitting flush on the car and I was always afraid that water would get down there and sit. I have seen a lot of cars here where people have done the same thing and I was wondering if there is any drawback to it.

·
Registered
799 Posts
No problem at all with that. It's more of a molding than a seal. The windows seal by the adhesive they use to hold the glass in. So, I would say you're fine if it sticks out a little, as long as you can live with the cosmetics of it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
No problem at all with that. It's more of a molding than a seal. The windows seal by the adhesive they use to hold the glass in. So, I would say you're fine if it sticks out a little, as long as you can live with the cosmetics of it.
[/b]

No problems at all. I had worried before too, but when I had my windshield changed I had asked about it too. They told me that the other molding is just for looks, so best of luck to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts