Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be getting my Xm radio soon but i dont want to pay to have it installed.

I am looking for a car installation kit. Ive seen the ones on ebay, but they look like crap because they are the ones that plug into your cig lgihter and then into your tape cassete. My problem is i dont have a tape cassete.

I dont want to buy a fm modulator because they are bottom of the line from what ive heard. I have a Sony Head unit, with the Red/White jacks in the rear. Can i just hook my xm up through there, any help would be appreciated.

And for any other taurus owners, how & where did u mount your xm antenna?
( i might have to buy an extention for the antenna if i put it on my roof because i have a sunroof)

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
The best answer to you question is the Terk Commander. That unit has AUX outputs that you can run directly into your Sony AUX inputs. That way you have better sound quality and you don't have the FM mod trouble. I believe they retail for $159.99, but I have one I am wanting to sell off of my sample account. It has never been hooked up, I just carried it around to show the dealers what it consisted of. If you are interested PM me.

http://www.xmradio.com/commander/

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
12volt_rep

Check your Pms when u get a chance i just mesaged ya.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts