Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm keeping the sable now, so i need to make a change. 2002 sable w/9007's. i changed to 7500k bulbs, and still not happy. gonna try the hid route since it gets good reviews, and can be had cheap now. any to stay away from? i am pretty sure i am going 6000k instead of 8000k, but you might be able to change my mind. also, if i go xenon, i won't have high beams? if that's the case, go bi-xenon, right? any preferred vendors to buy from. thanks in advance.

-jon

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
I used a 8000k bi xenon kit and it ruled, then i went to 15,000k blue bulbs with a halogen high beam, the high beam sucked but I could turn it on and it looked like regular headlights so the cops wouldn't bother me coming home late. I have my 8000ks back in now because they are brighter

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you used a harness, did you ground both ballasts properly?
originally i grounded both sides to the body, and neither light worked. i re-read the directions, and the driver's side ground was supposed to go to the battery. i fixed that, and the drivers side works. i also noticed the highs dont work, so i pulled the two pins and reversed them, and they still dont operate. the online directions https://www.ddmtuning.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=151

show how to color code the blue connector, but the wires sent are not those colors!!! and i'm not mad at them, just mad in general that nothing goes easy!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
update: i swapped bulbs and the left still works, so that rules the bulb out. maybe i need a better ground on the rh side?

edit: changed ground, nothing. swapped ballast, still nothing on that side. ddm sucks on the phone.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Any update on this? What happened? We have dual ground switches and everyone on this forum says they hook up the ballasts and they work...yet mine haven't.

So were your ballasts bad or something else?

·
Registered
260 Posts
i had the same problem with mine....i swapped balbs, swapped balist, nothign seemed to work.

In the end what it was is that you have to have the plug that plugs into the balist the same as the other side. The reason i say this is because the plug can be put on 2 different ways. There If one is different than the other one will not work.

So this is what you do....the one that does not work....the connector on the balist is reversed, unplug it and and rotate the plug 180 degrees and plug it back in. Then it should work.

Had this problem took me about and 1 or so to figure it out. Thought they sent me a bad set just had to rotate a plug around. But the bi-xeons are great lights. I have the 8000's nice little blue tent to them.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Go 6000K and save yours and everyone else's eyes. anything past 6K is pure stupidity in terms of actual usability. If it's a show car then whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I installed a 4300K bixenon kit yesterday in the 99 Taurus. Love it. Firs tof course i hooked up the ballasts with the plug backwards, so nothing happened, rotated those and both lights came on but only low beams, and high beam indicator was always on on dash. Took me a while of playing around, but eventually figured out the problem lied in the big blue plug where the relay harness plugs into the cars headlight socket. Since 9004/9007 use the same socket, they came prewired for 9004, so a couple wired were swapped. 9004 goes high/ground/low, 9007 goes high/low/ground. My wires were brown/white/blue, so I swapped white and blue. All fixed.

Side note, first time I swapped wires I was looking at the plug backwards, and swapped brown and white. If you do this you will have the dash indeicator working properly, but when you select high beams your low beams will be on and vice versa. So if you have that, thats what you did wrong.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts