Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u...&cardist=89

Vin says its a 3.0L Vuclan, but the ad says its an LS. Look closely at the pic of the rear seats (theres two pics, one shows base model grey cloth, inline with having a Vulcan, and the other shows the 1/2 leather and 1/2 cloth seats, more inline with an LS).

You guys think its worth $2K? Thats what I figured I'd offer for it.

Actually, the more I look at it, I think the car with the all cloth isnt even a Sable. Look at the door pannels, look like a Mazda or some other import.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the color though! But what's with the **** hanging from the radio? [/b]

Looks like the controller for a mulit-disk CD player, probably in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
I dunno, from looking at it, they accidently put a different car's picture in the ad. They are all green cars, except for one picture that is a black one.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could it be an LS with a Vulcan? I thought LS only came with Duratec, maybe I'm thinking of 96-99 models, but I figured the same would be true for 00+

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Just contact them and ask. Why all this debate about what it could be, when the ability is there to ask the person who is selling it?

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
The Duratec was only standard on the LS Premium. The car in the ad is a regular LS Vulcan.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Duratec was only standard on the LS Premium. The car in the ad is a regular LS Vulcan. [/b]

Ok, clears that up.

I e-mailed them to ask about the car. I mentioned that I had seen it listed for a while now (more than a month at least), and asked what they'd take for it. They e-mailed me back and said they had "several people interested in the car". Why is it suddenly so popular but remains unsold after this amount of time? He's lying to me about the other parties interested or the car is a POS and people keep turning it down.

Its kinda far away from me is the reason I dont just go look at it. I really need to make sure its decent and that I can afford it before I drive down there (because for one thing, I'd have to get somebody to give me a ride, etc).

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
What? of COURSE hes lyin about other peoples interest. it gives him something to bargain with. he can just say, "what? you offer $1800? i have a guy that just offered $2000...match him and its yours...but only because i like you and i want to see you get the deal instead of him..."

classic used car sales line....

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just contact them and ask. Why all this debate about what it could be, when the ability is there to ask the person who is selling it? [/b]

My question concerned the avalablity of the Vulcan on an LS model, I could see by the VIN that it was a Vulcan, but it was also an LS, I wasnt sure they offered the Vulcan on the LS (stocker cleared that up). I doubt the dealer (non Ford/Linc/Merc) who's trying to peddle this car would know the difference between a Vulcan and a Duratec.

The wrong pic of the interior was self-explanitory after it was noticed to be from a different car.

My other question concerned the value of the car (weather or not people figured $2K was a good price for it).

·
Registered
388 Posts

No doubt about it these are two completely different cars interiors.
If you even think about buying from this bozo you deserve it if he screws you.
Its a fair bet they would be sure to rip you the hell off. LOL!
Those brackets above the radio are for that wired remote cd change rcontrolor hanging in the breeze there.

·
Registered
283 Posts
dude the one pic is of a diff car< myabe an honest mistake. other parties interested? total lie. if u like the car go for it BUT i would check it out first. may not be lcose but i would check it first and if u can't then move on a look for another one. it does look real nice tho

·
Registered
388 Posts
If it were corrected by now it would be an honest mistake.
But its been what ? 5 days since it was noticed.
And that's just some one here noticing it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts