Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mostly the subject says it all... I got a 2005 Taurus SE and was on the way home from work one day when the Stereo fell out onto the seat... Apparently they had put in an aftermarket and decided to keep it and worse not put back the hardware but attempt to glue in the stereo... Fortunately for me it didn't work but I have it mounted with 3 layers of Double sided foam tape... It works but I like things done right so I would like to get all the mounting hardware if possible.

Name: Clay
Willing to pay reasonable shipped. I could go to the Wrecking yard but am getting too old to crawl around those much more. :huh: :eek: ;)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
So do you have the stock unit back in or the aftermarket kit just there? Are you looking for the two metal tabs and the receiving ends for the stereo?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Stock unit they must have the aftermarket U am not even sure what all I need. I look inside and I see a metal standoff in the middle that looks af if someone took a hack saw to it and I look around the sides and I see nothing for any clips on the unit to catch onto, plus I would definately need the clips that are screwed onto the nit itself ...they did a prety fair butcher job in there. Why people have to do something like that is beyond my comprehension , but I digress. I am just a fanatic about setting things back to stock is all so that IF I want to upgrade then I can do it right.

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
QUOTE (Oimmuk @ May 13 2009, 12:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=724707
I have the Stock unit they must have the aftermarket U am not even sure what all I need. I look inside and I see a metal standoff in the middle that looks af if someone took a hack saw to it and I look around the sides and I see nothing for any clips on the unit to catch onto, plus I would definately need the clips that are screwed onto the nit itself ...they did a prety fair butcher job in there. Why people have to do something like that is beyond my comprehension , but I digress. I am just a fanatic about setting things back to stock is all so that IF I want to upgrade then I can do it right.[/b]
Do you mind posting pics of what the previous owner modified? You might need more that just the original hardware.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (thesavo @ May 13 2009, 09:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=724764
QUOTE (Oimmuk @ May 13 2009, 12:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=724707
I have the Stock unit they must have the aftermarket U am not even sure what all I need. I look inside and I see a metal standoff in the middle that looks af if someone took a hack saw to it and I look around the sides and I see nothing for any clips on the unit to catch onto, plus I would definately need the clips that are screwed onto the nit itself ...they did a prety fair butcher job in there. Why people have to do something like that is beyond my comprehension , but I digress. I am just a fanatic about setting things back to stock is all so that IF I want to upgrade then I can do it right.[/b]
Do you mind posting pics of what the previous owner modified? You might need more that just the original hardware.
[/b][/quote]
:werd: If you can get some pictures, of both the sides of your radio as well as the opening/slot for the radio...it'll help me figure out what I need to get for you at the pull a part place.

Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts