Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my '00 Taurus. Stock, aftermarket, WHATEVER. The catch is that I need it to be shipped to 96744 Kaneohe, Hawaii. If you have something, and would be willing to go through the hassle of shipping, PLEASE let me know. Desperate!! My car is not currently moving because I broke a rim in a pothole.
thanks in advance,
Lyndon
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I have a set of 15" wheels from my '99 Taurus SE. I can no longer use them because I upgraded the front brakes and need at least 16" rims. The rims are the late Gen 3 5 spoke aluminum alloys, not the Sport model rims.

The tires are fair, but I recommend replacing them ASAP. Lets just say they hold air and still have some tread....

If you are interested let me know. We can work something out.

Here's a pic of them on my car.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by spridget@Jun 30 2004, 01:17 AM
I have a set of 15" wheels from my '99 Taurus SE. I can no longer use them because I upgraded the front brakes and need at least 16" rims. The rims are the late Gen 3 5 spoke aluminum alloys, not the Sport model rims.

The tires are fair, but I recommend replacing them ASAP. Lets just say they hold air and still have some tread....

If you are interested let me know. We can work something out.

Here's a pic of them on my car.
I know fedex will do it, and it may be cheaper if you took the rims off the tires. I think someone shipped rims via fedex for about 15 a rim, but i dont recall the thread, or where they shipped it to.

-Damon

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
u need 16" rims for 2000+ models, 15" wont clear the brakes

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I thought the 2000 year brakes were the same as the 99s and previous years.. Is that not the case?

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
If you weren't on the otherside of the country (literally), I have some 16" wheels I wouldve tried to sell you :eek:

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by SilverKnight@Jun 30 2004, 08:52 PM
u need 16" rims for 2000+ models, 15" wont clear the brakes
2000 models used the smaller front rotors. The 2001+ Gen 4's use the larger front rotor. 15" rims will work on the 2000 model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts