Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, does anyone have a set of the Mach audio tweeter grills laying around? i need to buy some for my aftermarket tweeters. i already have the website where i can buy them but i was just wondering if anyone had some laying around. its for a gen4, but i think the gen3's will fit too. thanks!

also, if i get the grills is there anything else i need besides the grills and the tweeters? someone said something about pods, but what exactly is the pod?

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
The pod is the plastic piece that the tweeters sit in and the covers...well, cover. It sits on the sail, where the regular plastic piece sits. They're really easy to install.

As for the Mach covers, I've been looking for them, and they're damn near impossible to find. I haven't been able to find them at junkyards, and online, they're way too expensive.

JR

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I was able to nab a JBL tweeter grill from a junked car, but it was only one of them. I didn't care, I threw it on anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
DetroitRaver,

If you want to try a GEN3 speaker grill, let me know. I have one spare one.

SEL2000: That price seems high for tweeters. I thought there was nothing special about those other then the logo on the grill

Y

·
0 Posts
fordaspiregv, i wasn't the winning bidder,

and i think he was selling the tweeter pods + the tweeters inside.

I think somewhere I read on this forums they got the pods for like $80 from some other site I forget what it was

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Tweeter to pod is the same as box to subs.

The pod is the mounting for the tweeters, the tweeters don't just screw into the window frame, they go into the pod, or "mini box" in relation to subs.

now if that wasn't confusing enough.....

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Troper8@Sep 29 2004, 04:05 PM
Tweeter to pod is the same as box to subs.

The pod is the mounting for the tweeters, the tweeters don't just screw into the window frame, they go into the pod, or "mini box" in relation to subs.

now if that wasn't confusing enough.....
um..yeah that was confusing. so.... don't aftermarket tweeters usually come with a pod? i mean how else do they expect you to mount them?

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Aftermarket tweeters come with pods, but they typically don't look too good, especially when you can get nice sail pods that blend in with your interior. The aftermarket tweeters are typically sold with the assumption that you know how to install them properly and can fab anything you need, so they usually don't come with very comprehensive install instructions or materials.

JR

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
And also, the pods that usually come with aftermarket tweeters are usually just cups that they sit in, and you need to surface mount them...doesn't always look that awesome.

JR

1 - 13 of 13 Posts