Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
Good luck with this one....
You may have more luck with SHO, or Gen III Sport wheels as those were much more common. If I ever need a replacement wheel, there were only 20,000 made so it would be hard for me. Centenniel wheels are a different color than SHO/Sport wheels.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by sfblacksel@Jul 26 2004, 07:46 PM
Good luck with this one....
You may have more luck with SHO, or Gen III Sport wheels as those were much more common. If I ever need a replacement wheel, there were only 20,000 made so it would be hard for me. Centenniel wheels are a different color than SHO/Sport wheels.
Not really.... those rims are the same as some 99 SE's....

Sport rims are for sports :p

J/K Check with the dealer, they sell them for supposedly about $200 a rim :eek:
 
G

·
Originally posted by n2_space@Jul 26 2004, 09:03 PM
J/K Check with the dealer, they sell them for supposedly about $200 a rim :eek:
I bet they're more than that... When I slid into a curb in January and had to replace a rim, it was about $240, and I just have the "regular" alloy wheels. :blink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Originally posted by daveromanjr@Jul 25 2004, 01:58 PM
Anybody know of a good deal on them? I want to put them on my plain ol' SES just so I don't have the same wheels as everybody else!
We have several sets of 2000-2003 16" 5-spoke wheels available.
If you still need a set, email for pictures/prices.

Russ
RCM Automotive
http://home.earthlink.net/~rcm_automotive/
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225+Jul 26 2004, 10:11 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jason8225 @ Jul 26 2004, 10:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-n2_space@Jul 26 2004, 09:03 PM
J/K  Check with the dealer, they sell them for supposedly about $200 a rim  :eek:
I bet they're more than that... When I slid into a curb in January and had to replace a rim, it was about $240, and I just have the "regular" alloy wheels. :blink: [/b][/quote]
Probably, but I recall seeing a sales book for the dealer where they were listed for $193 IIRC, but you are right, they probably are more than that. I was surprised to see them listed that low :eek:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
n2_space, as far as I know all the SE's that have these wheels are painted silver inside. Mine are dark charcoal. Ford does have many exceptions and they have been know to change things mid-year as well.

These are the 1999 wheels. My wheels are in the sig.
1999 wheels

It woudn't hurt to look at the 2003 or 2004 sable chrome rims. Those are pretty nice too.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by sfblacksel@Jul 29 2004, 04:37 PM
n2_space, as far as I know all the SE's that have these wheels are painted silver inside. Mine are dark charcoal. Ford does have many exceptions and they have been know to change things mid-year as well.

These are the 1999 wheels. My wheels are in the sig.
1999 wheels

It woudn't hurt to look at the 2003 or 2004 sable chrome rims. Those are pretty nice too.
Interesting... close ups of your wheels?
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top