Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a gen3 SHO 150mph speedometer to replace my gen3 120mph duratec speedometer. Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i'd love a 160mph speedo but like Brad said it needs to be Gen3 (96-99) and the fastest they made for that gen was 150mph.

Yeah the SHO+ were made the first few months of 1991 so not a gen 3 =^(

Thanks anyways.

B

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by SHOMAN@Jun 10 2004, 03:05 PM
What about the SHO+ Speedo ??, it goes to 160
Holy crap they do??? I never even noticed that, I'll have to swap the one from my Plus into my white car. Not that it can do 160, but what the hell!

hightech, contact [email protected]. He should have a speedo.

·
Registered
486 Posts
with the Gen III 150 mph speedo's plug into a Gen IV and work right or warent they plug and play?

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by mth676@Jun 10 2004, 08:37 PM
with the Gen III 150 mph speedo's plug into a Gen IV and work right or warent they plug and play?
That i do not know the answer to since i have a gen3 but i beleive the gauge layout/design is different between gen3 and gen4 so i doubt it would work.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Mr. Anonda+Jun 10 2004, 08:28 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr. Anonda @ Jun 10 2004, 08:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SHOMAN@Jun 10 2004, 03:05 PM
Holy crap they do??? I never even noticed that, I'll have to swap the one from my Plus into my white car. Not that it can do 160, but what the hell!

hightech, contact [email protected]. He should have a speedo. [/b][/quote]
Thanks Bob :notworthy: , am emailing him right now.

B

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by mth676@Jun 10 2004, 08:37 PM
Nope, not plug and play. It seems that the only difference was the connectors on the printed circuit panel, everything else worked fine when we tried it on Damon's 00. We never got a chance, but I think you could swap the printed circuit panel and make it work, a little more difficult but it may be doable.

·
Registered
486 Posts
What do you mean by the printed circuit panel? Very interested in this. If it is do able I might try it and then do a write up for those who want to if I am succesful.

B

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by mth676@Jun 15 2004, 12:47 PM
What do you mean by the printed circuit panel? Very interested in this. If it is do able I might try it and then do a write up for those who want to if I am succesful.
Once you take out the cluster, and look at the back of it, you'll see a greenish plastic piece that has copper conductors running through it. That basically feeds all the power and signals to the instruments and lamps. Looking at the one Gen 4 I had out, one of the connectors was different than the Gen 3 model. It may be just as simple as swapping your Gen 4 circuit panel onto the SHO cluster to make the speedo work. Not sure though, as I never had a chance to try it.

I'd definitely like to see someone tear into this!

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
The gen 3 SHO speedo or any other speedo from gen 3 will not work in gen 4. I tried an SHO and a gen 3 SLO speedo and neither worked in the gen 4. The tach worked but nothign else.

Bob...can you confirm the 160MPH speedo in the SHO Plus? I had a SHO Plus I got some stuff out of (including the cluster) and the cluster only went to 140...just like all other gen 1/2 SHOs. Gen 3 has the highest reading @ 150.

-Kyle

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Bob Gervais+Jun 10 2004, 08:28 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bob Gervais @ Jun 10 2004, 08:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SHOMAN@Jun 10 2004, 03:05 PM

hightech, contact [email protected]. He should have a speedo. [/b][/quote]
Bob,

How long does it usually take to hear back from Kirk? I emailed him about 13 days ago and haven't heard anything back from him.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by hightecredneck+Jun 23 2004, 12:51 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hightecredneck @ Jun 23 2004, 12:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bob Gervais@Jun 10 2004, 08:28 PM

hightech, contact [email protected].  He should have a speedo.
Bob,

How long does it usually take to hear back from Kirk? I emailed him about 13 days ago and haven't heard anything back from him. [/b][/quote]
:bump: Well it's been about 43 days now since my first email to him (sent at least one more since the first one) and still no reply. Bob would you mind trying to shoot him an email for me when you have time (not like i haven't asked so much of you already). Thanks in advance :notworthy:

B

·
0 Posts
Sorry, I didn't see this before. Kirk was at the SHO convention in CA, which probably took about 2 weeks of his time. Sometimes he's slow to respond, sometimes he simply has so much going on that he doesn't have a chance to.

I'll be out of town this weekend, but try sending him another email, put in the subject line "SHO PARTS". That oughta get his attention. :)

If it doesn't, I'll get in contact with him when I get home.

·
Registered
695 Posts
There's a V8 SHO cluster on e-bay right now. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by 1fast97@Jul 24 2004, 12:53 PM
There's a V8 SHO cluster on e-bay right now. Good luck.
Thanks but that is for a 95 which is a Gen2 not a Gen3 (96-99) which i need.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts