Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P/N YF1Z-2C219-AA
ABS and brake lights come on randomly. My shop says this is the part I need. Of course, it's an obsolete part and so far, I haven't found an aftermarket.
If you've got one, let me know !
thanks

·
Registered
22,735 Posts
May do a search here on the forum. There's a site(s) where you can send in your faulty module and they'll refurbish it. The other option is finding a working one matching your specs at a pick-n-pull jy.

·
Registered
9,824 Posts
P/N YF1Z-2C219-AA
ABS and brake lights come on randomly. My shop says this is the part I need. Of course, it's an obsolete part and so far, I haven't found an aftermarket.
If you've got one, let me know !
thanks
See pic, "TCS" is traction control which is uncommon but mine had it. Only one car at the JY had TCS. Tedious project to remove it.
If you are sure this module is bad, you can remove the module and still drive the car. I do not think this module can make the brake lights come on. On the instrument panel, you can get a red light and/or amber light.
If you do not have TCS, JY is full of units. If I had it do do over at the JY, I would remove the radiator to access. Without TCS I do not know what letters are on the module.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have traction control. When I say brake lights, I mean the instrument panel lights. (the ABS light and Brake light).
One person told me I can't disconnect it because it also controls other things like sensors etc.
I've checked with several of my Ford vendors and all give me the same part number. I'm going to check a local parts yard this weekend.
Getting ready for a road trip to Corning for Thanksgiving....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
May do a search here on the forum. There's a site(s) where you can send in your faulty module and they'll refurbish it. The other option is finding a working one matching your specs at a pick-n-pull jy.
I've wondered about those places. I'm in strange territory here - one person told me I can't disconnect or pull the sensor as it controls other things. If I send it out for repair, does that make the car undriveable ?
thanks

·
Registered
9,824 Posts
I don't have traction control. When I say brake lights, I mean the instrument panel lights. (the ABS light and Brake light).
One person told me I can't disconnect it because it also controls other things like sensors etc.
I've checked with several of my Ford vendors and all give me the same part number. I'm going to check a local parts yard this weekend.
Getting ready for a road trip to Corning for Thanksgiving....
Welcome to the North Country for Thanksgiving. Daughter is having dinner at her house but my wife cannot do steps so we will have dinner later at the apartment with family. She is doing better since she got OK to stop blood thinner for 3 days so they could remove fluid from her lungs. Monday they removed 1.5 Liters of fluid and her breathing is much better, off oxygen now. Will schedule other lung in a few days. Iron infusion today so trying to get her iron saturation up to min. Getting old comes much more quickly than I expected.
Buick is parked in the garage while all our driving is in the wagon. The wheel chair and walker fit in the back with ease.
I am sure the ABS module does only one thing. Mine was totally dead but the only issue was the red and amber lights.
Best of luck.
-chart-

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I contacted one of my Ford/Motorcraft dealers. He did a search on the part and found one for me in Overland, KS !
I dusted off my Amex card, called the guy, and took a leap of faith. Part will be here next week. Will post how this all turns out.
Happy Turkey Day everyone ! 🍴 Despite the ABS light thing, I'm taking Third Bull on a roadtrip to NY. 🚗

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Overland Park, KS

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Never ceases to amaze me, what a small world it really is !

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the North Country for Thanksgiving. Daughter is having dinner at her house but my wife cannot do steps so we will have dinner later at the apartment with family. She is doing better since she got OK to stop blood thinner for 3 days so they could remove fluid from her lungs. Monday they removed 1.5 Liters of fluid and her breathing is much better, off oxygen now. Will schedule other lung in a few days. Iron infusion today so trying to get her iron saturation up to min. Getting old comes much more quickly than I expected.
Buick is parked in the garage while all our driving is in the wagon. The wheel chair and walker fit in the back with ease.
I am sure the ABS module does only one thing. Mine was totally dead but the only issue was the red and amber lights.
Best of luck.
-chart-
Yeah this getting old isn't for sissies ! I'm back to the gym doing weights and rehabbing a bad leg. Tired of having to use a cane... those are for old people LOL
Going to the glass museum, and have signed up for a class to make something. When will you get back into your house ?
Per below, I found a module and its in transit to me. Will have my mechanic install it after the holiday. Regarding the lights coming, someone suggested just putting tape over them :rolleyes:. Not my style of repair !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts