Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

my friend's been having some problems with his grand am. he took it in once ($243 for labor, parts) and they still didn't fully fix it (he now has to turn on/off lights manually). this time he took it in, they said it was an instrument cluster problem, and they want another $400 for the cluster plus installation.

that's just BS, because it's way too easy to just unplug the thing and plug in a new one (heck, when mine broke, they charged me $100 for "inspection" and all they did was look to see if it was plugged in). ebay seems to show nothing other than grand am gt speedo's. i don't know what years are compatible with a 96, so any info would help. for comparision, i bought my own replacement for $30 after s&h on ebay. the shop wanted $200 just for the cluster (*not* brand new, btw). oh how i hate shops who try to take way too much money from the customer.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
in addition (and this is the "best" part)...all of his costs are in ADDITION to the thing they didn't even fix. it's like he was just charged $243 for them to turn automatic lights into manual switch lights. it's not even my car and i'm pissed.

any advice i can give to him for them *not* to charge him for that wasted time or something? would he have better luck talking to one of the mechanics or the owner/manager of the dealership?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts