Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps its me again. I have put a cone filter on my 2000 se vulcan and it looks tight. i as well put on dual exhaust and now it sounds awesome. I'm planning on gettin rid of the presilencer muffler so she will breath really well. Got a brand new digital camera and will be taking pics soon. Anyway to my question. i have some 17" wheels i wanna put on my bull but the bolt pattern is off. Any suggestions on how to remedy that and a price if you have one. Thanks, you peeps have always been helpful.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Adapters screw up offset and undully stress lug bolts causing premature failure...in other words they're bad for the car.

Venom

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Our cars are designed in such a way that most of the weight of the car is applied to the center of the wheel through the hub (the big round thing in the middle of the five lugs). The lugs are basically there just to keep the wheel attached to the car. If you use spacers/adapters that are too thick, you might take some of that weight and shift it away from the hub, and towards the lugs themselves. This would be putting weight on something that wasn't originally designed to support it, and you'll end up snapping the lug in the worst case scenario.

I'd stick with getting new wheels - the only other option is to redrill the wheels you have now, and you'll need a shop that specializes in it and have the proper equipment to drill the holes in such a way that the wheel still spins true and doesn't vibrate or crack or other bad things...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks. i do have a guy who will redrill the wheels for me. He said he would do it for a fair price. Thanks peeps. You guys are a wealth of knowledge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts