Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car went into the shop for standard issue oil change at a shade under 10k on the clock. My service advisor noticed that a few of my "SPORT" decals were peeling a little, so he took the liberty of ordering me 3 full sets of letters, plus an extra of the smaller "24V" badge that goes below it, just in case. Now, after inspecting the stickers, and finding that there are a few peeling, I realized that after replacement, i would be left with essentially a third, complete decal set. 5 letters, plus a 24V badge. I was wondering if it would be considered rice or out of taste amongst TCCA to add that third set to the space on the rear decklid to the right of the "TAURUS SES" badging there.
I think it might look good, and dont think it would be rice because, well, shyt, I really did spend the loot to get the sport package.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I was about to vote but then i realised something.
What is a decklid? Is that the boot of the car?

If I am thinking what you think I should be thinking, I think that it would look cool provided you put the sport below the Taurus SES badging, but then again I have no idea what gen4 taurus badging looks like.

Julian

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
trunk lid, boot ,decklid same same

·
Registered
180 Posts
"Trailer park" comes to mind more than "ricey".

If it makes *you* happy, that's one thing. If you have to ask others...

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
If your car as a 'tec, then go for it...

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
If you do it play around with it and see where it would look best. My Centennial badge is on the right side, where there is usually nothing. Thats just where Ford decided to put it. I am guessing that it would look to crowded if everything was all on one side.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I just had all the emblems removed from my '97. Only thing left is a "Powered by Yamaha" oval on the back. Some purist SHO folks consider this a transgression though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts