Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So after getting my dash unit out (which had broken clips so now I have to fasten a new way to secure it in the dash), I discovered the radio is actually in the trunk.

So, here's a picture of the antenna cable. Obviously the kit I want won't work without an adapter so can anyone help me find one that would?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
most kits are about 60 dollars i bought mine off ebay
and yes radio is in the truck
its easiest to pull the back seat out and run the wires up the side under the molding
took me all of 20 min to remove install and replace
just be warned the radio acc fuse also controls the speed meter so if you ground out a wire and dont have a speedo afterwards check the radio acc fuse i know by experience lol

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (drek_67045 @ May 21 2010, 09:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=805957
most kits are about 60 dollars i bought mine off ebay
and yes radio is in the truck
its easiest to pull the back seat out and run the wires up the side under the molding
took me all of 20 min to remove install and replace
just be warned the radio acc fuse also controls the speed meter so if you ground out a wire and dont have a speedo afterwards check the radio acc fuse i know by experience lol[/b]

yeah I found it in the trunk. I just need help finding an adapter.

See the attached pic.

I thought this might do it but I'm unsure if it'll fit the radio

http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-Ford-Antenna...4090&sr=8-1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I have a Ford antenna adapter cable that is long enough to run from the trunk to the radio in the front, that will fit you car. I ordered a new face plate for my 96 that came with wiring that I didn't need. Hows about 8.00+3.00 shipping.I can post pics late tomorrow if needed I'll be gone all day to a car show so it might be 8-9 PM central time before I could post pics.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (corey @ May 21 2010, 10:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=805971
I have a Ford antenna adapter cable that is long enough to run from the trunk to the radio in the front, that will fit you car. I ordered a new face plate for my 96 that came with wiring that I didn't need. Hows about 8.00+3.00 shipping.I can post pics late tomorrow if needed I'll be gone all day to a car show so it might be 8-9 PM central time before I could post pics.[/b]

I think I need two cables. One to convert the existing antenna cable from it's female form into the male form needed for the kit, and then from the male part of the kit to female to plug into the existing radio unit.

make sense?

Edit - I'm not even sure if the kit takes a male or female antenna cable.. gah

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I see what your saying,the cable I have will be too long.Take it to a car audio installation place they should be able to help you out in getting the right adapters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts