Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking that making a true CAI wouldn't be such a good idea since I live in Wisconsin and the weather can get pretty bad. I definetely don't want the counter effectiveness of a WAI by using a short ram intake, but I don't want my engine hydrolocking either...

Also, would using some sort of heat/water shielding (like those aluminum ones on ebay) help at all if the cone filter is mounted in the fender?

Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
I don't see why not. I know a few people around my area that have a CAI. Just don't drive through deep water and you should be fine. A splash shield would definitely be a good idea.

BTW, what part of Wisconsin are you from?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by red92gl@Jun 16 2004, 12:21 AM
I don't see why not. I know a few people around my area that have a CAI. Just don't drive through deep water and you should be fine. A splash shield would definitely be a good idea.

BTW, what part of Wisconsin are you from?
Mequon, Just north of Milwaukee (So Southeastern WI).

·
Registered
19 Posts
just use a AEM Bypass Valve. It will stop hydrolock.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
I'm up here in the Fox Valley, my '91 has been silencer-less with a K&N panel filter and large diameter intake tubing running down into the fender well for the last few years now. No problems B)

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I've had a filter in the fender for over 4 years. As long as you don't drive in 2' of water you are OK. Do use a splash shield on the back side though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts