Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 191 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Changing the dome light color, thats useless I did that and the amount of power going through the bulb burned the color right off.
[/b]
Should have used and LED

Mike
B)

·
Registered
982 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
Changing the dome light color, thats useless I did that and the amount of power going through the bulb burned the color right off.
[/b]
Should have used and LED

Mike
B)
[/b][/quote]

Maybe, but we won't know, because I'm not doing that again, the bulbs in the footwells kept there color, and they look awesome at night, these were done back in high school (cheap light mods done for under five bucks).

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Should have used and LED

Mike
B)
[/b][/quote]

Maybe, but we won't know, because I'm not doing that again, the bulbs in the footwells kept there color, and they look awesome at night, these were done back in high school (cheap light mods done for under five bucks).
[/b][/quote]

I know it works because I have an LED in my Dome light

Mike
B)

·
Registered
2 Posts
So being a newbie here, I read all the posts in this thread and found about 50% worthwhile and the other 50% just darn funny.

One question.... If I put a colored light in my overhead, doesn't it make the ladies swoon?!! I have heard tales of true playas with 94 Taurus sedans raking in the honies all because thier dome light was blue/red/green/etc.

Is it truely a worthless mod? :unsure:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Most definitely not. All my friends think my blue lights are awesome, including all the girls.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Most definitely not. All my friends think my blue lights are awesome, including all the girls.
[/b]
You got to find the right kind of bulb though, I did that and the heat from bulb being on burned the coloring off the bulb, on the other hand I do have blue bulbs under my dash and that looks pretty freiken sweet at night.

·
Registered
10 Posts
QUOTE (Twilight @ Jan 16 2004, 08:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=14669
The IAT mod or any form of it. Simply because fooling the car into thinking it is cooler and running rich is in no way guaranteed to increase performance. In fact, it does not, as factory tuning is set to err on the rich side rather than lean, and if you look at what's coming out of your tailpipes (those with chrome tips know what I'm talking about), your car runs fairly rich already.

Tornado...haha. The design does a better job of blocking the intake charge than swirling it. Also remember that many engines have heads designed with air swirling in mind, so in the end you are hurting your engine's output by superseding the manufacturer's design.

Eram of course, just worthless, does not put out nearly enough power for the price point.

Oh and SixFo related to your spark plug electrode comment, can we toss in the six-ways-from-sunday speakers? A speaker with more "ways" is not giving you any better sound quality. Note that most of the premium brand coaxial speakers (re: those worth buying) are two-way units with the odd exception being a 3 way on a larger speaker like a 6x9.[/b]
if you are truely talking about sound quality then the only way to go is whats called components where the woofer and mid range and tweeter are all seperate. and setup and staging is absolute key to good sound quality you can have the best speakers made but setup stageing and crossover adjustment is absoltely key wich 98.9% of people dont know how to properly ttune and stage a setup

·
Registered
13 Posts
QUOTE (yourluvryourzero @ Jan 6 2005, 02:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=140798
Coaxials and Triaxials:
It is very difficult (read impossible) to build a single driver capable of accurately and efficiently reproducing the entire audio spectrum.[/b]
Quite a number of full-fledged audiophiles would beg to differ, e.g.: http://www.nirvanaspeakers.com/nirvana.html

QUOTE (yourluvryourzero @ Jan 6 2005, 02:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=140798
It is MUCH easier to use multiple drivers, each reproducing its own narrow band of frequencies.[/b]
...with each and every component in the crossover introducing phase shift and other types of distortion

This is from the site linked below. Over 100 pages of audio knowledge. Read this whole website and then argue.

http://www.bcae1.com/[/b]
Oh, please! Do you honestly believe that everything is that peachy-keen-perfect-and-symmetrical in the real world?
I know what I'm talking about. Yes maybe a 4-way speaker is a marketing ploy. A 3-way speaker is not.[/b]
OK, so does that mean that a $69.95 pair of Jensen triaxials are definitely going to sound a lot better than, say, a $500 pair of genuine two-way (NOT coaxial) Boston Acoustics plate speakers?

BTW, I've been an audiophile since about 1971. I installed my first car stereo circa 1972, and even worked in a car stereo store for a while. How about you?

Then again if a 2-way speaker is all you need then why would high quality home surround sound systems have 1. subwoofer(lows) 2. midrange speakers(mids) and 3. tweeters(highs).[/b]
"Surround sound" and true "high fidelity" (e.g. for music) are seldom mutually inclusive. If you want to get an audiophile to wrinkle his/her nose in disgust, just tell him/her about the fantastic fidelity of your surround sound system.

Separate cones=better SQ period. Now if you do not have a subwoofer then a 3-way speaker is what you would need for SQ. If what you say is true then all we would need to do is let the subwoofer get all of its freq. range and attach tweeters to them and we would be good to go. That wouldnt work for the reasons explained above.[/b]
Not necessarily true, and an oversimplification to boot.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
QUOTE (fantom blu @ Jan 28 2009, 10:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=696868
QUOTE (Sean T. @ Jan 28 2009, 12:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=696776
Most definitely not. All my friends think my blue lights are awesome, including all the girls.[/b]
You got to find the right kind of bulb though, I did that and the heat from bulb being on burned the coloring off the bulb, on the other hand I do have blue bulbs under my dash and that looks pretty freiken sweet at night.
[/b][/quote]

You can have colored light if you tint the lens and not the bulb. Back in the day, I had a silver '75 trans am with red interior, I put a light coat of red paint on the inside of the dome light and that gave the effect of a red light inside. That was always cool becasue I could drive at night with the light on and still see without any glare. I used to run alot of road rallies with that car, and that mod cought on with alot of the others becasue it made it easy to read the directions / maps with a red light.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (Doc @ Jan 17 2004, 03:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=14992
how about COLD air intakes that do not actually draw in cold air. Instead they just pull in the engine compartment's hot air.[/b]
I have used a larger, ram style intake for quite some time and I have seen a noticable increase in low end power and torque. I understand a smaller, cold air style filter and hose placed in the engine compartment would not be as beneficial, but the increased airflow should lend itself to something, if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (cartman @ Jan 28 2009, 12:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=696774
So being a newbie here, I read all the posts in this thread and found about 50% worthwhile and the other 50% just darn funny.

One question.... If I put a colored light in my overhead, doesn't it make the ladies swoon?!! I have heard tales of true playas with 94 Taurus sedans raking in the honies all because thier dome light was blue/red/green/etc.

Is it truely a worthless mod? :unsure:[/b]
AutoZone has an LED bulb that rotates colors. Sounds like just the thing your looking for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah that sounds like lots of fun. Why would to add a vacumm to suck up water. Engine and water Thats real smart.
AND THIS GUY NEEDS A GOLD STAR!

161 - 180 of 191 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
190 Replies
103 Participants
madscientist
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing