Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 191 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
<div class='quotemain'> Window tint colored to match your car. [/b]
If its done tastefully then its okay. But if it looks like :poop: then no. I agree its worthless.
But in the end, isn't all tinting worthless? It doesnt add any performance. Just aesthetics.
Oh well...
:dunno:
[/b][/quote]

It keeps the car cooler on the inside, and it prevents sun damage to the interior. Those two things make it worthwhile IMO.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
:werd: But no gains from it.
'cept from burning your ass on leather on a hot day.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
NOO!! Why?
I love driving around butt naked!
Makes me feel so free!!!!!
:rofl:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
well no doubt its the greatest thing in the world, but do you really wanna do that on such a hot day and end up lookin like a redass babboon? i didnt think so. LOL

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
:bowrofl:
Maybe some people like to "feel the burn"

·
michelle
1,364 Posts
So my black tint to match my black car is worthless!!!!!!!!!!

I'll add that to the list of my other worthless modifications. Body kit - check! Seat covers - check! Air freshener - check! Decorate strings hanging from rearview mirror - check! 17" chrome wheels - check!

My car is worthless. ):

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
So my black tint to match my black car is worthless!!!!!!!!!!

I'll add that to the list of my other worthless modifications. Body kit - check! Seat covers - check! Air freshener - check! Decorate strings hanging from rearview mirror - check! 17" chrome wheels - check!

My car is worthless. ): [/b]
Yep, completely worthless. I'll give you $10 for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by 9824VDOHC@Mar 2 2004, 03:13 PM
I just bought a "short ram intake". I have noticed some pickup increase, but are you saying that all it does is make the car sound cool?
That's right. Your original intake took in cooler air from the fender well. Cooler air is more dense, so it contains more oxygen per unit volume. More oxygen lets you burn more fuel, in turn making more power. A short ram intake takes in hot air from the engine compartment. Hot air = less dense = less oxygen = less fuel = less power.
[/b]
Actually, the short ram intake DOES add slightly more power, simply because it allows ALOT more air, although warm air, into the engine. It doesn't do too bad for the sound either. A cold air intake is better, but a short ram intake is better than stock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by herbie@Apr 26 2005, 04:18 PM
Heres mine.Sound systems that are TOO loud. :(
So loud you can here the bass a mile before the car gets there.
So loud the driver has to keep his windows open to prevent them from blowing out.
So noisy it shakes me out of my bed at 2am. :angry:
so much racket I cannot hear my Tornado fuel saver whistling. :huh:
amen brother, im not one for ear killing bass either, louder is not always better
[/b]
Tru dat! I've got a 10" 200w RMS Kenwood combo built into the box and that along with a pair of Kenwood 6x8s and some more for the doors all connected to a kenwood deck. It looks clean and sounds great inside the car, which is all that matters. If I crank it up, you can hear it in the car next to me, but I have no reason to piss old people off. All that matters to me is that it sounds good inside. The only ****** part with the gen 3's is the damn converter that you have to get to put a deck in it, ****'s like $80. A good deal on everything else made me go for it, though. Good mod, but absolutely not performance enhancing.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
I just bought a "short ram intake". I have noticed some pickup increase, but are you saying that all it does is make the car sound cool?
That's right. Your original intake took in cooler air from the fender well. Cooler air is more dense, so it contains more oxygen per unit volume. More oxygen lets you burn more fuel, in turn making more power. A short ram intake takes in hot air from the engine compartment. Hot air = less dense = less oxygen = less fuel = less power.
[/b]
Actually, the short ram intake DOES add slightly more power, simply because it allows ALOT more air, although warm air, into the engine. It doesn't do too bad for the sound either. A cold air intake is better, but a short ram intake is better than stock.
[/b][/quote]
No, it isn't. Our intakes are cold-air from the factory, and once you get the silencer out of there can flow more than an otherwise stock engine needs. The numbers are posted on the forums somewhere.

Hot air is slow air :)

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
No, it isn't. Our intakes are cold-air from the factory, and once you get the silencer out of there can flow more than an otherwise stock engine needs. The numbers are posted on the forums somewhere.

Hot air is slow air :)
[/b][/quote]

:werd: I think JR posted those numbers somewhere. But as said above, cold-air from the factory stock, and the engine is getting like 10% more air than it needs or something like that from the factory after silencer removal. Nothing really that you can do in that department except add a K&N or something similar.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Changing the dome light color, thats useless I did that and the amount of power going through the bulb burned the color right off.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Changing the dome light color, thats useless I did that and the amount of power going through the bulb burned the color right off.
[/b]
haha i just put a blue bulb in my car last night. as soon as i put it in the paint started burning off right then, i see the blue color lasting about a week maybe

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I know this doesn't really apply to this thread, but could there be a list of "cheap" modifications that acutally work? That would be a good thread to have handy. Like "Mods under $20"
[/b]
I know this thread is long dead, but what about making a way for us to search for mods by price in the Garage????

141 - 160 of 191 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.