Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 191 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I heard Type R seat covers and floor mats don't add any horsepower, despite their aggressive appearance. :lol2:

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by DeltarMN@Aug 8 2004, 06:02 PM
Beer.  This is a mod you will want to stay away from while driving your car.
A very good idea, i highly recommend this one. You don't want to end up like this little dude :bandaged: or even worse :frostyangel: (although IMO you'd probably end up heading dowstairs instead of upstairs if you cause a drunk driving accident and end up like this fella :evil:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by HighTecRedneck+Aug 2 2004, 10:36 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HighTecRedneck @ Aug 2 2004, 10:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2004, 10:21 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-godspunk32
@Aug 2 2004, 07:54 AM
HAHAHAHA! 

What boat (sub) are you on submariner???

JR

I will be reporting to the USS Kentucky (blue) SSBN 737 in October
Just keep in mind that submariners get the best chow in all the branches of the service and all the specialties. I'm told it is supposed to make up for the lack of sunlight for such long periods of time. Never having done that before i don't know how much of a consolation that is, but it's got to beat the hell out of Army chow. ;) [/b][/quote]
I've eaten in Navy and Army Chow halls and i would have to say that by far the Airforce's chow is much better. By a long shot. Especially out on deployments. Besides you think i was gonna let some Navy bum throw in his two cents in without proper represntation from other branches?

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
I've eaten in AF dinning halls also and i'd say they are Par with the Navy dining halls i have been in but definitely better then Army chow halls. Having never been on a sub though i can't make a fair comparison, was just going off what i have heard from friends and even on Discovery channel shows. I can't remember having eaten in a Marine or Cost Guard chow hall so don't know about those though.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Any kind of bolt-on exhaust tip.

I've seen hundreds of ricers with bodykits, parking-assistance strips*, all sorts of neons, tints, decals and other stupid aesthetic mods. And most have some kind of pathetic tip (bolt-on, or otherwise) on the exhaust.

1.5" or 2" exhaust, and a 3" tip? WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVE?!?! Honest-to-God, making a car, whether it's an import or not, sound like a John Deere riding mower on steroids in a collosal waste of time.

Oh... and I call it a parking assistance strip. Someone else covered it with the comment on back racks, antlers, nip-strips (not trying to be offensive), spoilers, or whatever you call it. It's the piece of fiberglass or aluminum that some ricers figure will create back-end downforce for their obviously ub0r-1337 FWD rice-burner... :lol2:

·
Registered
790 Posts
IMO
curb sensors/feelers....... unless you really are old enough to not know how close you are to the curb...

·
Registered
959 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Actually, the 92 SHO dash doesn't have a passenger Airbag... and I'm not going to try and re-dye the ENTIRE GL dash... it'll be quicker to just install a black SHO interior, rather than recolour everything... and the black interior is *_*FREE*_*.

That last bit is teh bestester reason I have for it... B)

·
Registered
959 Posts
My GL has the passenger airbag... but I'm going to completely redo the interior to take advantage of the front buckets and centre console... and the SHO badge guarantees me at least +40whp over a stock GL dash badge...

:lol2:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Originally posted by mcgilles+Mar 19 2004, 10:48 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mcgilles @ Mar 19 2004, 10:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2004, 03:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-9824VDOHC
@Mar 2 2004, 03:13 PM
I just bought a "short ram intake". I have noticed some pickup increase, but are you saying that all it does is make the car sound  cool?

That's right. Your original intake took in cooler air from the fender well. Cooler air is more dense, so it contains more oxygen per unit volume. More oxygen lets you burn more fuel, in turn making more power. A short ram intake takes in hot air from the engine compartment. Hot air = less dense = less oxygen = less fuel = less power.
true, but being a short intake, it will increase throttle response. in that effect, specially while accelerating, the car will feel faster, even if the actual improvement is not all that great. my car did run faster with the hot air intake, not much, but remember even though its pulling in less dense air from the engine, its pulling in much more air that the stock system does, if you take the stock setup apart, look how restrictive it is! there is even a bottle neck where the pipe is crimped as it goes through the fender wall. in addition to this, while the car is moving at high way speed, or even less, there is more than enough cool air for the filter, its flowing right in the front of the car. CAI is definitly the way to go, but I stand by the short ram intake as improving performance, just not very much. my fav part about it was the sound. sound definitly improves much more than performance does. but its not competely worthless [/b][/quote]
If you think the intake's ingress through the fender wall was a restriction, don't look at your MAF.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Originally posted by FlamingTaco@Oct 29 2004, 08:42 AM
If you think the intake's ingress through the fender wall was a restriction, don't look at your MAF.
what's wrong with my 80mm MAF? always flowed enough for me. and its only what? 3 times the area of the pinch point in the fender wall?

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Originally posted by mcgilles+Oct 29 2004, 10:46 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mcgilles @ Oct 29 2004, 10:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-FlamingTaco@Oct 29 2004, 08:42 AM
what's wrong with my 80mm MAF? always flowed enough for me. and its only what? 3 times the area of the pinch point in the fender wall?[/b][/quote]
It's OK, those LESSER generation SHO folk always forget we have the big one. :p :)

And as far as the passenger airbag goes for the '92s, it's a very common option. Every '92 I've ever seen has it.

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Originally posted by sword182+Aug 9 2004, 08:36 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sword182 @ Aug 9 2004, 08:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2004, 10:36 AM
HAHAHAHA! 

JR

Just keep in mind that submariners get the best chow in all the branches of the service and all the specialties. I'm told it is supposed to make up for the lack of sunlight for such long periods of time. Never having done that before i don't know how much of a consolation that is, but it's got to beat the hell out of Army chow. ;)
I've eaten in Navy and Army Chow halls and i would have to say that by far the Airforce's chow is much better. By a long shot. Especially out on deployments. Besides you think i was gonna let some Navy bum throw in his two cents in without proper represntation from other branches? [/b][/quote]
I know this goes back a while but,,,

When I went to Marine Boot Camp the food was CRAP, and we were forced to eat every little bit. That wasn't a problem for me I will eat about anything. After I did my four years and got out my wife joined the Air Force. She was worried about the food there, she is a very picky eater. She didn't have to worry about it. She got lobster 3-4 times in 6 weeks and a lot of other good food. It made me sick, she had it so easy she only went for 6 weeks where I went for 12. I only got to make one phone call in 12 weeks she called me at least 3 times a week. It is night a day between the two, but I can see it in how they act.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
NAS Oceana is teh BoMbb!!!!111!!!11one...

I was there when I was in NJROTC in high school, and they had some of the best food I've eaten. It was much better than any of the other military bases I've been on.

JR

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Originally posted by carraudio+Oct 29 2004, 11:56 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (carraudio @ Oct 29 2004, 11:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 9 2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2004, 10:36 AM
HAHAHAHA! 

JR

Just keep in mind that submariners get the best chow in all the branches of the service and all the specialties. I'm told it is supposed to make up for the lack of sunlight for such long periods of time. Never having done that before i don't know how much of a consolation that is, but it's got to beat the hell out of Army chow. ;)

I've eaten in Navy and Army Chow halls and i would have to say that by far the Airforce's chow is much better. By a long shot. Especially out on deployments. Besides you think i was gonna let some Navy bum throw in his two cents in without proper represntation from other branches?
I know this goes back a while but,,,

When I went to Marine Boot Camp the food was CRAP, and we were forced to eat every little bit. That wasn't a problem for me I will eat about anything. After I did my four years and got out my wife joined the Air Force. She was worried about the food there, she is a very picky eater. She didn't have to worry about it. She got lobster 3-4 times in 6 weeks and a lot of other good food. It made me sick, she had it so easy she only went for 6 weeks where I went for 12. I only got to make one phone call in 12 weeks she called me at least 3 times a week. It is night a day between the two, but I can see it in how they act. [/b][/quote]
I was at "A" school at Mare Island for 6 months, a Navy Sub base. The chow hall was fantastic. We got all the free beer and wine we wanted on Holidays and they served Prime Rib, steak and lobster once every week. On those days, I saw families eating at the chow hall. When I eventually got stationed on my aircraft carrier I found out how bad food can get. We had two chow halls on board. The aft one served meals 4 times a day and forward one was open 23hrs a day and served sliders and chilimac. Over 20 years later and I still can't eat chilimac. My saving grace on board the ship was one of my good friends was the Admiral's chef so when the admiral was on board during the cruise I got left overs and ate well. The best part was that the admiral had to have fresh, hot chocolate chip cookies and milk every night. My buddy used to make 6 dozen at a time and give me the left overs. You would not believe what I can get in trade for hot fresh chocolate chip cookies out at sea miles from anywhere.

Bob

·
Registered
281 Posts
Originally posted by mcgilles+Oct 29 2004, 09:46 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mcgilles @ Oct 29 2004, 09:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FlamingTaco@Oct 29 2004, 08:42 AM
what's wrong with my 80mm MAF? always flowed enough for me. and its only what? 3 times the area of the pinch point in the fender wall? [/b][/quote]
It's apparent my sarcasom was lost on you and SixFoFalcon.

There is not such a strong restriction in the stock intake that better dyno results come from installing a high-flow intake that pulls from the engine bay, unless that intake includes a super or turbo charger. My stock MAF is good for 300-350hp before I'll worry about it being a restriction, and the crimp in the fender pass-through flows even better.

Stock intakes almost always promote low-end torque. The engine may respond to the throttle quicker, but you almost always lose low-end torque, and unless you get a corresponding increase in horsepower peak, your 1/4 mile times will be slower.

41 - 60 of 191 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
190 Replies
103 Participants
madscientist
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing