Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few days have been terrible... well, I have been terrible on my car - LOTS of WOT trying to zip around from place to place in town - I have been running late for everything and all that kind of crap so I have been mad and just running the crap outta the bull (and she loves it!
) Anyways... I got gas today and checked my mileage and I only got 16 MPG. That is the worst I have ever seen outta my car! But definitely understandable.

So... what's the worst mileage you've ever seen with your bull?

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I recorded an 11. I think it was a fluke, though (maybe someone messed with my tripometer, i dont know). The lowest I get (based on the numbers I pull every time I fill up) is around 18 on the dot. My recent MPG's have all been between 18 and 21, though.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I can't get my Vulcan to go below 20. Honestly, I tried really hard.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Majisto@Apr 14 2004, 11:51 PM
I can't get my Vulcan to go below 20. Honestly, I tried really hard.
LOL, the worst I had seen prior to this was like 19.8, lol. I'm not sure what's gotten into the car lately, but she's been running stronger than ever - and I'm certainly not going to stop her!

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Single digits in the SHO. 14 or so in the Vulcan.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The first month I had my Vulcan Taurus (December 2001), I got a consistent 12 MPG. Highway trips averaged 17 MPG. I'm glad my mileage has since picked up (nearly doubled for city and highway) !!

·
Registered
178 Posts
SUX to be ya
!!!!

The worst I've seen was 22mpg and only 300 miles a tank..... but I average about 28 mpg and about 420 a tank now, I had to program myself that since I'm on probation, I have to just do the speed limit

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by blackshine007@Apr 15 2004, 12:12 AM
SUX to be ya
!!!!

The worst I've seen was 22mpg and only 300 miles a tank..... but I average about 28 mpg and about 420 a tank now, I had to program myself that since I'm on probation, I have to just do the speed limit
I thought you had to commit a serious offense to get in trouble when youre on probation?

Are you saying so much as a speeding ticket is grounds for getting arrested if youre on probation?

If so, thats f***ed

-DC

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On long trips I can see 30+ MPG and about 400 miles per tank. In the city when I'm driving normally I usually see about 22.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
The worst I've gotten was driving around Philly on short trips for two weeks, and that was a little less than 18, and the best has been 27, but on average, I get just about 23.6 mpg...

JR

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Apr 15 2004, 08:25 AM
The worst I've gotten was driving around Philly on short trips for two weeks, and that was a little less than 18, and the best has been 27, but on average, I get just about 23.6 mpg...

JR
Try doing 99% of your driving on the Boulevard. That'll get you down under 15 for sure. I'm happy whenever I break 12mpg. That means I've been good.

On the other hand, my highway mileage is usually around 30mpg in the SHO, and I don't drive slow.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by downstroy@Apr 15 2004, 09:47 AM
During the last 4 or 5 months I had The Beast, I was lucky to get 10 MPG ... usually between 6 and 8. It was costing me 30 bucks a week to go to college and back .... and my college is only about 10 minutes from my house
ouch!
something ain't right...

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
18.5 on it's very first tank
Understandable breaking it in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225+Apr 15 2004, 08:54 AM-->QUOTE (jason8225 @ Apr 15 2004, 08:54 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-downstroy
@Apr 15 2004, 09:47 AM
During the last 4 or 5 months I had The Beast, I was lucky to get 10 MPG ... usually between 6 and 8. It was costing me 30 bucks a week to go to college and back .... and my college is only about 10 minutes from my house
ouch!
something ain't right...
[/b]
No, something was really wrong with her ... that's why I had to ship her out
I couldn't get it put on the diagnostic either, thanks to the local dealership leaving the plug in on the exhaust, and melting it. <_<

I'll get another Taurus someday ...

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
13 mpg.
Vulcan 3.0 V6 at 145 HP (intake set up)
Avg dollars spend per fuel stop : 15.00 before gas hike. Now 17.00
Fuel Stop Frequency : once every 2 weeks
Mileage on Engine: 127K
Estimated range of full tank at Highway at Spd Limit: 200 miles
Estimated range of full tank at City at fluctuating/idle: 125 miles

Overall what do i think?: The engine sucks in terms of fuel/mileage output.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts