Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok. So I bought a 2003 Ford Taurus Centennial. The car has 147,000 Miles. The owner before me never changed the spark Plug Wires. They are 10 years old. Anyway. I changed them today because of Bad misfire. I just thought I would post some photos for reference to anyone wanting to know what Arcing and corrosion look like. Keep in mind they never arced out of the plugs. These are from Cyl 2 and Cyl 3. I have the Tec DOHC V6. Anyone can use images for teaching. Keep them Bulls riding.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,538 Posts
Good teaching images. I always say you should look inside your spark boots when you change your plugs to look for any signs of corrosion or arcing. This is a good example what you should be looking for.

Notice how the spark has etched a path through the rubber. If you just replace the plugs the path will still be there and the new plugs can be shorting out right away.

If it's okay with you I'd like to add these to my misfire topic?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Falcon. behlinla The images are free to share. I had a bad misfire. I changed the spark plugs and wires and PCV. The PCV is in a very strange place. She needs more work, But The previous owner did not take care of her. The outside of all the wires looked great, almost new. So make sure you look inside each one. Also, if you ever buy a used car and the wires have only numbers on each one IE: 1, 2 , 3, 4 and so on. There is a good chance they are the original wires the car came with. Just heads up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts