Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Diet:

Strictly watch your refined sugar intake. Try to allow no more than 4 grams per meal. That means no more pop, chocolate or sweets. Also, it doesn't have to say "refined sugar" on the label for it to be sugar. Whatch out for corn syrup or anything ending in "ose" like fructose. Try to avoid any kind of breads or pastas which have enriched flour in them and stick to the whole grain variety instead. And of course, no more fast food.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Dont pig out on food. Do some exercise every other day, and screw Atkins cause they consider bread a desert...geee and all the people in previous centuries I guess were eating wrong with all their bread...hmmm... Anyways good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
im in shape..... ROUND

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Nick986@Mar 4 2004, 06:25 PM
Dont pig out on food. Do some exercise every other day, and screw Atkins cause they consider bread a desert...geee and all the people in previous centuries I guess were eating wrong with all their bread...hmmm... Anyways good luck!
The guy who invented the Atkins diet died because of it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
just eat whatever you want....and exercise......though im 16...and i dont exercise.....but hey, im big.....i need food!!!EAT!lol

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
There are several State parks nearby. jogging as well as trekking are good options. also cut out ALL SUGAR from your diet and you will see differences immediately. Improve your Water Intake too!

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
You also want to improve your veggie and fruit intake and lower your cholesterol intake. Typical Europeans, only eat like 4 ounces of meat per an entire day. If you want a high protean diet to build muscle mass, try fish, nuts, and soy. I have found many differenet recipes for tofu that make it as enjoyable as meat. If you want any ideas just let me know I have many different cook books. And no I am not a vegitariean, I just don't want my viens filled with solid fat. I saw a few movies in culinary school where there were doing a bipass operation and pulled long pieces of fat out of the persons arteries. Fat is flavor but it needs to be limited. Learn to use real butter, as your body recocnies it and processes it more effeciently, just limit your use.

I alway begin my workout by running at least a mile or two, or cyclying for at least 20 minutes. Then I hit the machines and free-weghts. Also, if you want to build mucle, start drinking protean shakes. The GNC brand isn't too expensive and if you join their membership you get 20% off the first week of every month. Plus you get 2 magazine subscriptions with it. After you start to work out regularly you will, feel like you have almost double the energy you had before. You will be more alert. And you will have alot less stress in your life. I notice a huge difference if I go to the gym less than three days a week. You have to put your time in at least every other day for a good solid hour or so.
Again if you have any questions, on your diet just ask me. I am a chef so I have quit a few ideas on what you can do with your diet and enjoy it at the same time.

....and remember "No pain, no gain".......

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
It'd be more helpful if you tell us your current workout limits/abilities and intentions (getting in shape or bulking up).

I don't believe in those high-carb/low-carb diets. They may work, but your body is deprived of many nutrients in the process, which isn't exactly healthy. What you really want to watch out for are your sugar intake and saturated fats.. meaning no soda and cut yourself off from Big Macs, steaks, and other fried foods. Increase your raw or steamed vegetable intakes, no dressing, eat lots of fruits, other than that proceed with whatever you eat normally. But then, I'm a hypocrite and don't follow my own advice. I crave and eat more than a pregnant woman. I also have a very high metabolism, so I can quickly burn off what I eat.

As for exercise routines, I like to do a lot of cardio. Best is to start first thing in the morning, BEFORE BREAKFAST. Your body will be forced to burn excess fat as energy. Start out with a light warm up. Again, I don't know what your limits are, but this is my routine. I do 5 minutes of stretching, 2 sets of 25 sit-ups, stretch again, and 2 sets of 20 push-ups. Then hydrate with with 24-32oz of water. Very important, we don't want to pass out in the middle of a jog. I'll go out for a 30-45 minute jog, alternating sprint for 10 minutes, walk 5, sprint 10, walk 5, etc. Coming home, I'll do a cool down... 5 minutes stretching the legs, another 2 sets of sit-ups and push-ups, then stretch again. Remember to stretch, else you'll be cramping up all day long.

I try to do this everyday during the spring, summer, fall months. Winter months, I hit the gym for weight training.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225+Mar 4 2004, 07:42 PM-->QUOTE (jason8225 @ Mar 4 2004, 07:42 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Nick986
@Mar 4 2004, 06:25 PM
Dont pig out on food.  Do some exercise every other day, and screw Atkins cause they consider bread a desert...geee and all the people in previous centuries I guess were eating wrong with all their bread...hmmm...  Anyways good luck!
The guy who invented the Atkins diet died because of it.
[/b]
Dr. Atkins didn't die because of his diet. He died from head injuries sustained from a slip on some ice outside of his office.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Originally posted by WarSong@Mar 4 2004, 05:55 PM
Screw eating healthy. I jog every other day so I can eat what I want 
I'm with you on this one.

I've been running 20 to 25 miles a week for the last 20 years and have never been on a diet and never excluded any particular food group, except maybe beer before breakfast. At about 115 kcal / mile that's about 2500 kcal a week of extra food I can eat without gaining any weight. I've been within +/- 5 pounds of the same weight since I graduated college and don't have any problems with my blood pressure, diabetes, bad knees, etc. Both of my parents were big folks so I don't believe the lame hereditary bs crutch people use.

Diets like Atkins, South Beach, low-fat, and a zillion others that require you to exclude certain food groups don't work well in the long run because when you get the results you want you go back to eating those foods and pile the weight back on.

I always thought of writing what should be a best selling diet book but no one would buy it since it doesn't have a gimmick. I'd call it Eat less, exercise more. Any long term plan to keep in shape requires lifestyle changes. I get up 45 minutes earlier to go run and then don't worry about exercise for the rest of the day, none of my family is up before me. The good news is that since I spent all that effort exercising, I'm not likely to order fries with that or supersize anything today.

If you are trying to lose weight think long term, the 20 extra pounds (or whatever) took years to creep up on you, they are not going away on their own overnight. Forget about trying to get washboard abs overnight, if this is a goal shoot for this after you get the basic weight down.

I started running right after college as an alternate to having a few beers after working at a crappy job for a crappy boss. Pretty soon I looked forward to running on a regular basis and ran a couple marathons and some other races - never won anything, but always finished. If running isn't your cup of tea, walking, cycling, and swimming are great forms of aerobic exercise.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Here is the web site for a friend of mine :Fitness Enterprises I workout with him on a semi regular basis. I take the Humanofort supplement as well as another another he has (not on web site) called Biostim. I take the Biostim about 45 mins prior to workout, it sustains my energy through an entire 2 hour workout (it has less caffine than a cup of coffee, and is all natural, no xenadrine or any crap like that), the Humanofort, helps me recover from workouts quickly, and helps me sleep better. I know what you are thinking, believe what you want, but I would certainly not tell you about these supplements if they didn't work, everyone that I have let try it, have continued to use them, and have told their friends about it. If you are interested in trying either one or want more info on supplements or on Emeric, PM me.

Remember: heavy weight/low reps = BULK, SIZE
Light weight /high reps = lean body muscle

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Originally posted by Troper8@Mar 5 2004, 12:45 PM
the Humanofort, helps me recover from workouts quickly, and helps me sleep better.
a can of tuna fish does the same thing, but has alot more protein in it. its all about the protein.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I'm on a see-food diet. I don't worry about what I weigh. There's just too many other things to worry about. Like what mod to do next to my Taurus.....

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Careful on what protein you use. Protein is not regulated by the FDA so they can put whatever they want in it. A lot of preoteins are banned from college athletes because after using them you come up positive for steroid use.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts