Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm all set! Wes and are all taken care of for a 10 day trip to sunny Monterey, CA! We'll be leaving on the 7th of April and comming back the 17th. We plan on sight seeing and generally finding ways to have a good time. I think we'll probably go to San Fransisco one day, maybe try to make it to Napa Vally for some wine tasting. We'll be staying in Monterey.. lots of beautify seanery around there.

If anyone wants to try and get together for some drinks, dinner, whatever while we're there, let use know! And if anyone has some "must see" suggestions, please send them our way.

We're landing at about 2:00 PM via Southwest and will leave at 6:30 in the morning on the 17th. I've got a rental car booked through Avis as a corporate account member, so I cercumvent the age restrictions. I have a Full Sized two door, which is supposed to be a Monte Carlo or similar. Sorry it's a Chevy.... will be sure to report how crappy it is... hey, maybe they'll be out and upgrade me to a mustang or something?

I'd have a convertable if Avis rented them. I thought about getting an SUV, but they price went up to just over $600 for those.

Anywho, I'm excited! Should be a fun trip... now I just need to save some money to do things once I'm there!

-Dan

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Hey Dan I love to meet you guys somewhere. I live in the East Bay (south of Oakland), but would be more than willing to San Jose or to San Francisco, or anywhere in between. Lemme know what you guys want to do while you're out here and I'll try to point you in the right direction.

Jeff

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by dant98@Mar 3 2004, 08:52 AM
I have a Full Sized two door, which is supposed to be a Monte Carlo or similar. Sorry it's a Chevy.... will be sure to report how crappy it is... hey, maybe they'll be out and upgrade me to a mustang or something?
:roflmao:

That made me laugh a lot!

Anyways... have a fun and safe trip!

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Dan, it's getting close...any updates on trip, such as plans you guys have made or want to make?

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are so wingin' it. I'm sure we're going to go see Big Sur. We'll hit the Monterey Aquerium one day. I think we'll pick one day just to go fishing off the pier. I think we might do San Fransisco like on the 15 so we can just go to San Jose on the 16th and then leave early on the 17th.

We *might* be meeting Andy (AKA Nome" up there. I thinik he may drive to the CA boarder from Utah and meet us. That's still up in the air though.

We want to enjoy the sights and the food. Hoping to get some good seafood and authentic mexican. I figure stuff like Shark, Mahi Mahi, Calamari, and Flounder would all be good in that area.

Wes says he's never had Shark before, so I thought he might want to try it. We may hit Gemeni's and the Blue Fin a couple times while we're there. They both look pretty cool. We do, of course, have the Microsoft Mapping software to find our way around and identify places of interest. We have less then two weeks untill the trip. We're really excited!

-Dan

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK.. someone is having an Identity chrisis...

-Dan

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Originally posted by dant98@Mar 26 2004, 07:37 AM
OK.. someone is having an Identity chrisis...

-Dan
Must be an unfornseen side effect of that hospital food.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by dant98@Mar 3 2004, 08:52 AM
I have a Full Sized two door, which is supposed to be a Monte Carlo or similar. Sorry it's a Chevy.... will be sure to report how crappy it is... hey, maybe they'll be out and upgrade me to a mustang or something?
I rent ALOT of cars, usually 3 or 4 a month, and the companies I rent with(Enterprise and Hertz) classify Mustangs as mid-size ... so it might be cheaper to get a Mustang rather than a full size

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We *wanted* a mustang convertable, but Avis doesn't have convertables as an option and anyplace else will charge you out the butt for being under 25. I'm only getting to waive that through Avis because I'm using my Corporate account to make the reservation.

As long as they don't try and give me a Honda Accord and classify it as a full sized two door, I'll be OK. According to the Avis website, a Full sized two door is a "Monte Carlo or Equivilant".

-Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts