21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SHO
1 Posts
Holy heck thank you!

Say, if you work for them, is it possible to get
Holy heck thank you!

Say, if you work for them, is it possible to get some better photos? Its kinda hard to tell the condition.
Sorry for the late response, because of my
hyperlink I was flagged for spam. Anyway this on is at another location they have a bunch nationwide. If you call the specific location they would have somebody come out and take pictures with a little bit more detail you just have to ask. Hopefully helps

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,402 Posts
I believe that there is only one color of the actual wood on the wheel, the leather is what's different in color. My wheel had slight cracks in it when I got it. It was garage kept, but the clear coat was still slightly cracked.
Better check, most of, if not all, the wood wheels I have seen are cracked some quite badly. It's the clear coat that cracks, not the wood itself. So if you happen to find one, you might want to have it refinished.

·
Registered
143 Posts
UPDATE: I FOUND MY WHEEL!!!!!
Sorry I can't take any photos rn, I dropped my phone camera down on the pavement. But it's in pretty good shape all thing considered (the wheel, not the camera) :)
That said, there is some small but noticeable scratching on the wood, and some mild wear around the leather. Not deep, just surface wear.
Does anyone have any good tips on fixing these? Can the wood be buffed? Can the leather be spot-dyed?

LOL my mother just walked into the room and saw the new wheel jus' chillin on the couch. I think she's given up on asking why.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Update again: You CAN fix it yourself!
Just a little bit of 1200 grit paper and a few various treatments of Maguire's Mirror Glaze compound...looks and feels FANTASTIC! Gonna polish the rest of my wood now just for the heck of it :)
Also used some leather dye from autoleatherdye.com. Not perfect, and feels slightly different (tho not in a bad way) but it is still an improvement...this comming from someone who's never worked on leather/vinyl before in my life. Note: The wheel itself is Dark Graphite, not Medium.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts