Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Taurus SEL and am looking for the factory woodgrain steering wheel. I have scoured my area salvage yards with no luck. Would anyone have one of these or know where I might be able to locate one?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Check out car-part.com. It's an online marketplace for salvage lots nation-wide and it's pretty awesome. I use it all the time.

·
Premium Member
7,300 Posts
Tell us what color steering wheel you need. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ I think durasel is saying there are different shades of woodgrain?
I wasn't aware that there were different shades. I need one to match the factory faux woodgrain of the center console and shift lever/knob. It's rather dark in color.

·
Registered
120 Posts
^ I think durasel is saying there are different shades of woodgrain?
Could someone enlighten us on the different wood grains? I too wanna add the wood to my bull, an '06. Gotta get it all to match though.
I wonder if LGR is familiar with this :p

·
Registered
9,636 Posts
Pics from a used '03. Internet pic. Very few out there. I would trade my leather Lin shifter knob for that wood one. Never saw anything like this at the JY. Both my present Sables have Lin leather from the JY on them.

-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
22,493 Posts
^ Oops, I was thinking he was wanting an entire woodgrain steering wheel. I did have the woodgrain shifter knobs and shifter surrounds on all of my '98/'99 Taurus/Sables. On the '98 Sable, I even installed the woodgrain radio/hvac trim. I guess I should've have pulled the knobs/surrounds prior salvaging the cars. I have seen a few of the steering wheels like in Chart's pic in the pick-n-pull jy occasionally. Iirc, a few even had woodgrain door panels/trim.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,999 Posts
It's been a month now, but there was an 06 or 07 with the wheel on one of my last yard trips. I pulled the shift lever but left the wheel.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Okay, been to the jy and can confirm there is at least 2 types of woodgrain, ill post pics later. Oddly enough, none of them had wood on the back doors. Those and the wheel are all I need.

Side question: Since I don't have a garage to park in, should I be worried about the wood fading?

·
Registered
9,636 Posts
Okay, been to the jy and can confirm there is at least 2 types of woodgrain, ill post pics later. Oddly enough, none of them had wood on the back doors. Those and the wheel are all I need.

Side question: Since I don't have a garage to park in, should I be worried about the wood fading?
I have had wood steering wheel on 2 Lin Cont. They were very durable.

-chart-

·
Super Moderator
7,754 Posts
Agreed..... My 05 SEL premium Tec with wood grain shifter, wood grain wheel, wood grain ICP surround, etc has been parked outside since I picked it up in 06. The entire interior, even the 2 tone leather seats, still look like new.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Anyone know how many variations of the wheel there are? Might be going to the jy tomorrow

·
Registered
120 Posts
A better question is how do you get the wheel off? I havnt found a single puller that fits

1 - 18 of 18 Posts