Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Taurus SEL and am looking for the factory woodgrain steering wheel. I have scoured my area salvage yards with no luck. Would anyone have one of these or know where I might be able to locate one?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Check out car-part.com. It's an online marketplace for salvage lots nation-wide and it's pretty awesome. I use it all the time.

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
Tell us what color steering wheel you need. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ I think durasel is saying there are different shades of woodgrain?
I wasn't aware that there were different shades. I need one to match the factory faux woodgrain of the center console and shift lever/knob. It's rather dark in color.

·
Registered
147 Posts
^ I think durasel is saying there are different shades of woodgrain?
Could someone enlighten us on the different wood grains? I too wanna add the wood to my bull, an '06. Gotta get it all to match though.
I wonder if LGR is familiar with this :p

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
^ Oops, I was thinking he was wanting an entire woodgrain steering wheel. I did have the woodgrain shifter knobs and shifter surrounds on all of my '98/'99 Taurus/Sables. On the '98 Sable, I even installed the woodgrain radio/hvac trim. I guess I should've have pulled the knobs/surrounds prior salvaging the cars. I have seen a few of the steering wheels like in Chart's pic in the pick-n-pull jy occasionally. Iirc, a few even had woodgrain door panels/trim.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,057 Posts
It's been a month now, but there was an 06 or 07 with the wheel on one of my last yard trips. I pulled the shift lever but left the wheel.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Okay, been to the jy and can confirm there is at least 2 types of woodgrain, ill post pics later. Oddly enough, none of them had wood on the back doors. Those and the wheel are all I need.

Side question: Since I don't have a garage to park in, should I be worried about the wood fading?

·
Registered
10,034 Posts
Okay, been to the jy and can confirm there is at least 2 types of woodgrain, ill post pics later. Oddly enough, none of them had wood on the back doors. Those and the wheel are all I need.

Side question: Since I don't have a garage to park in, should I be worried about the wood fading?
I have had wood steering wheel on 2 Lin Cont. They were very durable.

-chart-

·
Super Moderator
8,113 Posts
Agreed..... My 05 SEL premium Tec with wood grain shifter, wood grain wheel, wood grain ICP surround, etc has been parked outside since I picked it up in 06. The entire interior, even the 2 tone leather seats, still look like new.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Anyone know how many variations of the wheel there are? Might be going to the jy tomorrow

·
Registered
147 Posts
A better question is how do you get the wheel off? I havnt found a single puller that fits

·
Registered
53 Posts
For what it's worth:
I was at my favorite junk yard today and they have about 20 gen 4's - not one had this steering wheel...
Good luck...
H.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Holy heck thank you!

Say, if you work for them, is it possible to get some better photos? Its kinda hard to tell the condition.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts