Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Sherwood Trim kit and got it installed in my bull the other day. It definitely dresses up the interior. The install was fairly straight forward except for the radio, it was harder to get everything lined up there. But the finished result looks pretty good I think.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Oh wow looks extraordinary better, now you are riding with some class! Also what is that dock you have there? and where is the wiring running back too?

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Looks good! Where did you get the kit? Price?

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the kit through CarID. I paid about $175. The dock there is an iPhone dock. It ties into my adapter so it both charges the phone and plays through the stereo, replacing the CD changer.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Not sure I'm into the wood look, but put a Sherwood real carbon fiber kit in my 08' Pontiac GXP coupe. Car has front and rear console's, so really make's a difference. First thing most people notice when they hop in. Was crowding the $300 price barrier, though.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Is it "real" wood? Kinda looks like plastic stick on. How did it install, 2-sided tape?

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is a plastic stick on. They do sell real wood as well, but they did not offer the honey burl, which I preferred, in real wood. I do like the look of wood in cars, though any kind of trim kit makes the inside of a car look better, much as putting moulding a baseboards in your house makes it look better.

My other car, my Aerostar is getting real carbon fiber. I know this isn't an Aerostar forum, but I'd be more than happy to show you what it looks like when it is done.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
It is a plastic stick on. They do sell real wood as well, but they did not offer the honey burl, which I preferred, in real wood. I do like the look of wood in cars, though any kind of trim kit makes the inside of a car look better, much as putting moulding a baseboards in your house makes it look better.

My other car, my Aerostar is getting real carbon fiber. I know this isn't an Aerostar forum, but I'd be more than happy to show you what it looks like when it is done.
Please do!

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, got the kit in my Aerostar done.

To I installed a an imitation wood dash kit on my Taurus, and it made my Aero jealous. So I just got and install a trim kit on my Aero. It is real carbon fiber in pre-cut vinyl pieces that just stick on. A picture is worth a thousand words, so here is several pictures. For your viewing pleasure.

The kit in the box

The console

Lower console with drawer open

left vent

I bought the kit from Car-ID. The price wasn't too bad, the fit of everything is perfect. It was fairly easy to install. I think it loos very cool, definitely adds a classy/sporty look o the inside and breaks up the otherwise plainess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts