Items replaced in the last week:
Spark plugs
Spark plug wires
water pump
radiator
coolant
crankshaft position sensor
ignition coil

Ok so I was driving the car normally and decided to give it full throttle. When it red lined, the engine died.

It hasnt started since.

It doesnt have any spark. I've removed the spark plugs and i can easily smell gas, so I know it's getting fuel.

So, I've replaced the CKS and the ignition coil. Why don't I have any spark from the PCM?

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Check the camshaft position sensor/camshaft synchronizer

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I've see where the engine will become flooded when doing all that. Does it spin faster than normal when you crank it? If so floor the gas pedal while you crank. This may take 30 seconds or so.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the service manual calls for a "syncro positioning tool" to be used to set the exact position of the CMP housing. Where can I get this tool?

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
QUOTE (98formulaLS1 @ May 7 2009, 05:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=723428
the service manual calls for a "syncro positioning tool" to be used to set the exact position of the CMP housing. Where can I get this tool?[/b]
You can mark and remove the old one, and just place the new one in it's place.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (00tec-saTX @ May 7 2009, 08:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=723438
the service manual calls for a "syncro positioning tool" to be used to set the exact position of the CMP housing. Where can I get this tool?[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Yes, I could do that, but that wouldn't insure that the sensor is aligned properly. Doing it with your method would mean that I would replace the sensor into the exact same position as it were previously, which could very well be wrong.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (98formulaLS1 @ May 7 2009, 09:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=723446
QUOTE (00tec-saTX @ May 7 2009, 08:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=723438
[/b][/quote]

Yes, I could do that, but that wouldn't insure that the sensor is aligned properly. Doing it with your method would mean that I would replace the sensor into the exact same position as it were previously, which could very well be wrong.
[/b][/quote]

After doing some more reading, I'm going to go ahead and replace BOTH the cam sensor and the syncro.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts