Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 4 door flex fuel 6v. I recently had new plugs, wires put on the car and the day after I driver to get some food, stopped to get gas on my way home and it wouldn't start. I sat about 20 Minutes then It started back up. The next day it wouldn't start again and had been sitting about 2 months.

I've had it looked at and ruled out the starter, alternator. I have power and it wants to start but it wont turn over. It's became a real issue for me considering I have a 3 yr old daughter.. Now winter is basically here and I'm really stressing about it. Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2005 Ford Taurus SEL
2,708 Posts
Does it crank? Could be a fuel delivery issue. Is CEL on? I know the flex fuel modules on those can cause issues as well. Don’t rule out coil either… especially considering it didn’t start when heat soaked but then started after sitting.

·
Super Moderator
8,767 Posts
Are you 100% sure the plug wires are installed correctly? Plug wire order could be wrong.

do you hear the fuel pump run for 2 seconds whn the key is turned to RUN?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Make sure your new wires are connected the correct way, hope you took some pictures before unplugging...or did them 1 at a time.
Also make sure the new plugs are gapped correctly and the correct type.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Have you let the gas tank get emtpy? The fuel pump is inside the gas tank and gasoline cools the fuel pump. Without enough gasoline, the fuel pump will overheat and not work properly. Always keep at at least 1/4 full.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts