Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Ford Taurus SEL that just won’t stop misfiring. Yes I’ve changed all the coils and spark plugs multiple times at that, And each time I had a code come up from the check engine light, I fixed the part of whatever the scanner was reading and so on, Ive Done evrything I could to fix this issue but it still keeps happening. I’m starting to think maybe fuel injector is bad, maybe even the fuel canister, maybe bad solenoid, all I know is I keep spending way too much money on this thing just to keep fixing things don’t need to be fixed to begin with. I even got a new computer installed just to be safe in hopes it was probably just sending out faulty codes, but nada. Didn’t help. Any advice or help on how I can diagnose the issue without spending another pretty penny for no reason ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
You can "rent" diagnostics tools (Noid Lights and fuel pressure gauge) from chain auto parts stores like O'Reilly's or Auto Zone. A deposit is held on your credit card, you have 48-72 hours to return items undamaged, then the charge is reversed, so it's just a damage deposit. You can find how to videos on Youtube for further diagnosis tips and tricks. South Main Auto Repair or Car Wizard to name a few. You need to stop loading the parts cannon and begin testing. Q: Are the parts you used OE? Modern auto electronics are very sensitive and using non OE parts can create problems-Been there, done that. Come back and let us know what you find.

·
Super Moderator
8,505 Posts
What are the exact code or codes you are getting?

Are you using the recommended Motorcraft plugs or their NGK equivalent?

Are the coils you replaced Motorcraft or BWD, or some cheapo coils from the local discount parts store? CHeap aftermarket coils are often junk.

Reactions: kekaye56 and sheila

·
Registered
ford taurus 2010 SEL
2 Posts
got a same car. 2010 SEL.
yellow engine light on for couple month.

last couple days started to misfire shown especially when driving on highway between speed 60 to 110 kph. then i got worried.

got gas and found out gas consumption dropped from 8.5km/L to 7.6 km/L. really worried.

went to a garage on monday got tested and found the oxygen sensor bad.
now car at garage waiting to install new sensor.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Are the coils you replaced Motorcraft or BWD, or some cheapo coils from the local discount parts store? CHeap aftermarket coils are often junk.
........ i own a 1997 murcury sable ls with durtect dual over cam motor the car only had 66,000 miles,, i bought the car in the year dec 2000 from a dealer ,, the first problem i had was the car when driving home home from the dealer was it started to run ruff and it was the motorcraft coil went bad, i had it replaced ,, it was another used motorcraft coil , i still driving the car and my car has 130,000 miles and it oct 2020 never had a problem a used motorcraft coil ,, at 98,000 it started missing ,, i placed the new motorcraft spark plugs , and still runs good today ,, i do beleave after market parts are junk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

**** ive had so many codes come up. But mainly about 02 sensors and mass air flow sensor. My dad and I came to the conclusion yesterday that it’s gotta be the catalytic converters. I revved the car and some **** Spit out from the exhaust pipe. Thinking of doing a whole cat delete on the car it’s pretty much my last option here

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2010 Ford Taurus SEL that just won’t stop misfiring. Yes I’ve changed all the coils and spark plugs multiple times at that, And each time I had a code come up from the check engine light, I fixed the part of whatever the scanner was reading and so on, Ive Done evrything I could to fix this issue but it still keeps happening. I’m starting to think maybe fuel injector is bad, maybe even the fuel canister, maybe bad solenoid, all I know is I keep spending way too much money on this thing just to keep fixing things don’t need to be fixed to begin with. I even got a new computer installed just to be safe in hopes it was probably just sending out faulty codes, but nada. Didn’t help. Any advice or help on how I can diagnose the issue without spending another pretty penny for no reason ?
my friend had a 04 ford taurus it started missing 102,000 milles and the service soon engine was light came on ,, he already the tune up at 100,000 miles , my friend took it to his shop checked the code , bad cat and it was plugged up he sold the car ,, have you checked the gas filter,,, i also ran injecters cleaner in my gas tank and it cleaned my injecters and what gas putting in car,, we are now in winter blend gas even spent money on the non ethinal good gas my car still burns the gas too fast , my friend calls in the disappering gas,, i have the 24 valve duratec v6 motor my friend had toyota 4 banger with the good gas still burned way too fast

·
Registered
5 Posts
my friend had a 04 ford taurus it started missing 102,000 milles and the service soon engine was light came on ,, he already the tune up at 100,000 miles , my friend took it to his shop checked the code , bad cat and it was plugged up he sold the car ,, have you checked the gas filter,,, i also ran injecters cleaner in my gas tank and it cleaned my injecters and what gas putting in car,, we are now in winter blend gas even spent money on the non ethinal good gas my car still burns the gas too fast , my friend calls in the disappering gas,, i have the 24 valve duratec v6 motor my other friend had toyota 4 banger with the good gas still burned way too fast,, also another time my taurus had a miss in the motor i had a vacumn leak one of the vacumn hose was cracked

·
Registered
2013 SEL
435 Posts
Plug wires? Fixed our '98 Mountaineer misfires by replacing the plug wires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts