Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow. <_< Not looking forward to it. Wish me luck I guess - any words of "wisdom" I should know about it.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Good luck, let me know how it is...I gotta get mine done soon.

·
Registered
236 Posts
mine didn't hurt at all when I got them out. Maybe I'm one of the few lucky ones. But, I went to work like the day after I got them out.

·
Banned
509 Posts
When I got mine out, I only remember going to sleep, then I woke up at my house

Then I went through ALOT of Gauze, and my mouth felt nasty..

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Originally posted by Schimmel_98@Apr 22 2004, 09:43 PM
mine didn't hurt at all when I got them out. Maybe I'm one of the few lucky ones. But, I went to work like the day after I got them out.

Not only did I have my wisdom teeth taken out but I had two others taken out as well (orthodontic reasons) for a total of six teeth. Yet I was able to walk out of their on my own. I never was ever "totally out" during the operation. I think I dozed off once but I pretty much remember everything else, although it was like being underwarter; it's hard to hear what anyone's saying and it's kinda "cloudy." Even after, it was kinda "sore" but never painful. I think it has something to do with the surgeon as well. When my brothers went, they were OUT. I mean, they could barely talk let alone walk out of there. They don't remember anything between being put under and finding themselves at home.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have mine also.. but I am not such a big fan of the dentist... period... given the fact i have to take.. like 50 pills before/after I go... for anything... I tend to try and stay away...

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
i got mine pulled last summer. i went in, they gave me a shot in my mouth, the dentist came in and ripped 2 of them out within 2 seconds. that was it. i got a rx for vicodin. took them and threw up. so used motrin instead. the only sucky thing is cleaning the stupid holes out. anything you eat gets stuck in the holes til they close up. so everytime you eat, take a medicine dropper and fill it with water and put it in the hole and squeeze water into it. and gargle with salt water. i had mrs. grass soup and all the little tiny noodles got stuck in the holes. it sucked trying to get everything out. make sure you use a medicine dropper filled with water. its perfect to clean it with!! good luck.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Bah.

I've lived with three damn root canals in the same damn tooth. The first time, the nerve was so inflamed that she gave up after five shots cuz I could still feel the damn thing grinding. Stupid tooth, I couldn't feel my head but I could still feel my mouth.

You'll live.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
It helps if you go in loaded with Jim Beam.

Mine didn't come out easy. My ortho had to dig, yank, and drill in there. It was awful; I think I went through more pain during the surgery than the days after. He gave me some weak Codeine #3 too.
The stitches usually melt after a day or two, well before the wound closes up, so as DR said, keep it clean with salt water. Don't use Listerine!! It will burn like a mofo.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Originally posted by Zack@Apr 23 2004, 12:56 AM
It helps if you go in loaded with Jim Beam.

Mine didn't come out easy. My ortho had to dig, yank, and drill in there. It was awful; I think I went through more pain during the surgery than the days after. He gave me some weak Codeine #3 too.
The stitches usually melt after a day or two, well before the wound closes up, so as DR said, keep it clean with salt water. Don't use Listerine!! It will burn like a mofo.
thats all they gave you were tylenol 3's?? geez. you had stitches?? they didn't give me any stitches.
i think they were suppossed to probably though. 2 huge gapping wholes for weeks. wasn't fun!

·
Registered
17 Posts
You'll get happy fun pills afterwards ...that's the most important thing
Thankfully, I have a big mouth(both figuratively and literally) so there was plenty of room for mine.

Don't take that tylenol 3 crap .. make 'em give you the good stuff ... vike or percocet

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, getting ready to go now - my mom is taking me - they gave me valume and boy do I feel good right now.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I did the twilight drugs. A little in an IV and plenty of N2O. I was awake and concious durring the proceedure (four impacted wisdom teeth). It didn't hurt and I was too loopy for it to really bother me, but it was kinda odd. They told me I would be awake, but not really aware of what was going on, but I was aware, but too drugged to care. I think they may have gone a little light on the IV given my weight. I'm heavier then I look and they didn't ask my weight.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
mine are finally growing in, and i can tell now they are gunna hafta be pulled....it hurts kinda bad right now...i cant completely close my jaw..for if i do, i will complain about the amount of pain...idk why they hurt....

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I was totally out when they did mine (four years ago). They gave me Motrin (600 milligrams) and Percs, but I didn't take the percs, just the motrin. It still hurt, but I refused to take the percs (if you read the tattoos thread, you'll understand why). I ate a crapload of soup the first three days, and alot of chocolate pudding. Definitely make sure you clean the holes out, or else the food thats stuck in there will start to rot, and that really sucks. Watch some movies, take the motrin, and be on your merry way. I still have th holes though...I'm not sure if they're supposed to fill in after awhile, but they haven't after four years...

JR

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I still have a hole on one side, but not the other on the bottom jaw. No holes up top. The hole on the left isn't nearly as deep as when the teeth were first pulled, but it's still annoying. If you have deep holes, aske them if you can come back and have them repacked every couple days. It will keep them from getting infected and it'll heal faster. I didn't have my packed... I went on vacation instead. Ended up hurting like a mofo untill I finally just went came home early and started having it packed every couple days.It feels really weird having gause stuffed into a hole in your jaw.

FYI this was around August last year I had this done. You may want to avoid anything really hot or really cold the first couple of days just because your mouth might be sore. Take care of those holes. If they get infected or are botherd too much they will really hurt. It was so bad I thought I had an ear infection because the whole side of my jaw acked all the way to my ear.

-Dan

·
Registered
397 Posts
If there is no pain - no need to pull really, BUT -
those things CAN start to cause problems later on in life, I am almost 30 and my top ones hurt when I eat steak (yeah wierd i know) they have like a sonstant pinching pain for a few hours after.

I have asked my dentist about this, but he says all my teeth are fine.

I would not mind if the top ones got yanked, my bottom ones never hurt.
I think wisdon teeth are one of those features we humans no longer need, but evolution has not removed them yet. <_<

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I got home a few hours ago and have been pretty much out of it ever since. I just now am conscious enough to be online, lol. Still can't feel my lower jaw or tongue at all - although my tongue is starting to get a little tingly. Now I'm on Tylenol with codein. No pain... yet. So we'll see. Thanks for the tips guys.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
You need to get a quart of whiskey and call your dentist and tell him the pain is unbearable. Try to get some Darvon and take them and just sip the whiskey.

A whole lot of things will get better

1 - 20 of 41 Posts