Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I need a wiring diagram for an '89 Lx Wagon. 3.8 v6. not a single one of the diagrams in my Hayne's manual is complete, or shows the wires that I need to know about. I'm particularly interested in the circuits that attach to fuse 8 (Radio memory, Power Mirrors, and interior lights) because I've got a serious parasitic drain and need to figure out how to disconnect the other two systems. I've already figured out the radio. Hayne's manual doesn't cover interior lights or power mirrors.

·
Premium Member
7,537 Posts
I need a wiring diagram for an '89 Lx Wagon. 3.8 v6. not a single one of the diagrams in my Hayne's manual is complete, or shows the wires that I need to know about. I'm particularly interested in the circuits that attach to fuse 8 (Radio memory, Power Mirrors, and interior lights) because I've got a serious parasitic drain and need to figure out how to disconnect the other two systems. I've already figured out the radio. Hayne's manual doesn't cover interior lights or power mirrors.
Finding complete diagrams for a gen 1 is difficult. Try figure 14 on this page:
| Repair Guides | Wiring Diagrams | Wiring Diagrams | AutoZone.com

Fuse 8 is for all the lighting, so make sure all the lights are going out (hood, glove box, trunk, dome, etc). Make sure all the lights work so you can tell if they're getting power (do not remove the bulbs). Couldn't find a power mirror diagram. Fuse 8 might also be used for the horn, or the cigar lighter, so make sure you don't have anything plugged in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello, i'm new to forum even though i've owned my 2003 Ford Taurus SES 2-valve for about 6 years now. i'm installing bixenon hids and trying to find headlight wiring color codes on the driver's side at the HEADLIGHT SOCKET, NOT the assembly socket, colors for high beam, low beam and the ground. i tried using test light but oddly it made me feel less comfortable and i do not wanna fry any harness'. Thank You for your patience and assistance in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,537 Posts
hello, i'm new to forum even though i've owned my 2003 Ford Taurus SES 2-valve for about 6 years now. i'm installing bixenon hids and trying to find headlight wiring color codes on the driver's side at the HEADLIGHT SOCKET, NOT the assembly socket, colors for high beam, low beam and the ground. i tried using test light but oddly it made me feel less comfortable and i do not wanna fry any harness'. Thank You for your patience and assistance in advance.
The headlights are switched ground, not switched power FYI. Dark green/orange wire will always have power from the fuse, red/black is grounded for low beam, and light green/black is grounded for high beam.

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMOTOR/Wd/DownloadPdf?id=38505

·
Registered
3 Posts
Radio coax routing for 2001 wagon needed

Hi all

I just got into a repair on my 2001 wagon. The power antenna was broken and the previous owner had tried to fix it but in the process had cut the coax. The coax that comes from the radio is not visible anywhere. Where should I be looking for it? In the headliner? fender? interior? What I'm asking is where SHOULD it be?

thanks in advance.

Doug

·
Registered
10 Posts
Need wiring diagram 2010 taurus late build with navigation and backup camera. I'm trying to add a backup camera to my early build 2010. Need to know where the RCA video wire goes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Diagram for Mach Audio RCU 2003 Mercury sable

Just looking for the wiring Diagram for RCU on my Sable. Things like constant 12v and 12v acc lines. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
i realize this is an old thread, but i need the wiring diagram for an 86-89(?) taurus throttle body injector for the 2.5l four cylinder engine. i realize it is very specific, so any diagram that has that throttle body wiring in it will help greatly. thank you.

101 - 120 of 122 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.