Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fuse 16

If anyone needs any wiring diagrams for any Taurus year, model, what have you, just ask me what diagram you need, and so on and so forth. If you having problems with something, tell me whats going on, and i'll try my best to help you. I am going to school for ford right now, and am about half way through the ford fact program, so I could probably help you out.
On 99 Taurus SE I am having a problem with the 10 amp fuse #16, located under the hood blowing. There appears to be a direct short. Can you help?

·
Registered
3 Posts
On 99 Taurus SE I am having a problem with the 10 amp fuse #16, located under the hood blowing. There appears to be a direct short. Can you help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
+1

Jimham, does that fuse blowing prevent the engine from starting? I'm trying to help diagnose a problem for a friend.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wiring diagram 2002 DOHC

I am in need of the wiring diagram for the looms and plugs that go into the inside fuse box. I found a wire that is bare to the bone in one of those looms and I'm thinking that it has everything to do with the whole system that includes crash sensors. I have had a frontal crash sensor corroded and failed and probably fried that wire bare in the process. I've change the module and crash sensor and light is still on and will not clear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
diagram for 2001 sable wagon

The right rear window motor only goes down tested with a new motor same thing happens. changed door switch and master switch still no good. think i have a broken gound wire,checked the haress at the door did not see any broken wires. what can it be?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
The window motors reverse direction by reversing the polarity. If the ground was bad it would not work at all.

You need to go back to the master switch and check voltages at the switch then at the actual door switch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does the wiring harness for the right rear door also connect through the harness conector in the right front door harness I has a few broken pins in that car to door connection That were repaired when I got the car years ago.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Each individual window gets it's power from the master window switch. Then to the individual door switch. The motor is grounded to through the door switch. The door switch will switch 12v and ground to the brushes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will check the switches again , can you tell me color the of wire that handles the window up circuit at the door switch. Thanks for all your help.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
No my software no longer works on the new computer. I would open the door panel and check the motor plug and work backward. On the plug you will get 12v one one terminal and when switching the other way 12v on the other terminal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
lack of power to module

If anyone needs any wiring diagrams for any Taurus year, model, what have you, just ask me what diagram you need, and so on and so forth. If you having problems with something, tell me whats going on, and i'll try my best to help you. I am going to school for ford right now, and am about half way through the ford fact program, so I could probably help you out.
I need a diagram for a 1993 wagon. We replaced the fuel pump but are not able to start the vehicle. It was intermittent now does not fire. Diagnostic shows lack of power to module.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my windows in my 2004 taurus ses quit working. All at once. I don't have a manual, and was hoping you could send me a fuse diagram. Thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Hey guys. Free free member ship to autozone.com goes a longway to day.
2004 power windows. It;s probably your master window switch. If not fuse.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2008 sel and the fuel gauge does not light up when the head lights are on, then once I drove it a few days the gauge goes from full to half. Could you send me a wiring diagram or maybe an idea what to check? Does the power flow through the lights some how and complete the circuit to the sender? or is there a module that controls this system?

·
Registered
5 Posts
HELP!! Freezing my @$$ off!! 2006 SEL Heater does not work, I already replaced the blend door motor and I can see that it does not turn. I think I checked the right fuse according to the manual I have. So first, what number fuse should I be checking? Is there a relay associated with the blend door control. Is there a wiring diagram to show the control and power connections for the blend door motor. ANY help with this problem would be great!
\

THANKS

·
Premium Member
7,537 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
can you help me with the wiring diagram for 2008 sel air bag,I just install remote starter but after installation the air bag light came on and the code is a wire is grounding .thank you

·
Premium Member
7,537 Posts
81 - 100 of 122 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.