Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone needs any wiring diagrams for any Taurus year, model, what have you, just ask me what diagram you need, and so on and so forth. If you having problems with something, tell me whats going on, and i'll try my best to help you. I am going to school for ford right now, and am about half way through the ford fact program, so I could probably help you out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If anyone needs any wiring diagrams for any Taurus year, model, what have you, just ask me what diagram you need, and so on and so forth. If you having problems with something, tell me whats going on, and i'll try my best to help you. I am going to school for ford right now, and am about half way through the ford fact program, so I could probably help you out.
[/b]
Looking for a factory wiring diagram for the charging system on a 2001 SES Taurus. I have an intermittent battery light. Battery and alt are new and test out OK. I think there is a bad connection somewhere. Will have time for a close look this weekend, but am trying to get as much info ahead of time. Are there any control relays in the circuit for the field or is that hot all the time, or just when the key is on???

·
Registered
9 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Looking for a factory wiring diagram for the charging system on a 2001 SES Taurus. I have an intermittent battery light. Battery and alt are new and test out OK. I think there is a bad connection somewhere. Will have time for a close look this weekend, but am trying to get as much info ahead of time. Are there any control relays in the circuit for the field or is that hot all the time, or just when the key is on???
[/b][/quote]

Found a wiring diagram in a Haynes manual but it says it is not for alternate fuel vehicles. Some of the info doesn't match up with my car. Is there a difference between the standard fuel versus the flex when it comes to the charging system?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't wanna say for sure..but I think it should be ok. I've been having problems opening up my tech service from home due to browser issues. I'll see what i can find today, and let you know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
[/b]
I am looking for a wiring diagram for an 86 Taurus, basically charging and ignition circuits.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't wanna say for sure..but I think it should be ok. I've been having problems opening up my tech service from home due to browser issues. I'll see what i can find today, and let you know.
[/b]
Turns out the diagram in the Haynes book is close enough. There were a couple of their fuse ratings that were wrong but otherwise OK. My handy Fluke and I wrang out all the wiring, inspected, cleaned, and tested all connections, and found the problem to be the new alt from the ZONE. Duralast///Durajunk.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Turns out the diagram in the Haynes book is close enough. There were a couple of their fuse ratings that were wrong but otherwise OK. My handy Fluke and I wrang out all the wiring, inspected, cleaned, and tested all connections, and found the problem to be the new alt from the ZONE. Duralast///Durajunk.

Thanks for the info.
[/b][/quote]

Haha nice... Yeah, sometimes the hardest problems are the ones that really shouldn't be.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have a chance to get another wiring diagram, I could use one for a 2000 Sable duratec for the fuel system electronics. Just starting to troubleshoot it for "will not start" and need to go thru the motions of checks before dropping the tank. Looking for the wiring that includes the fuses, relays, shutoff relay, injectors, and fuel pump. Thanks! java script:emoticon(':rolleyes:', 'smid_24')
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
QUOTE (BrassDrummer @ Nov 22 2008, 10:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=678416
If anyone needs any wiring diagrams for any Taurus year, model, what have you, just ask me what diagram you need, and so on and so forth. If you having problems with something, tell me whats going on, and i'll try my best to help you. I am going to school for ford right now, and am about half way through the ford fact program, so I could probably help you out.[/b]
Maybe u can help e bro, I just purchase the metra 99 5617 installation kit with the airbag module and it seems to me there is a bad connection with the rear defrost button and it triggers my airbag light on my gauge cluster. Do you have any info on this matter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (BrassDrummer @ Nov 22 2008, 10:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=678416
If anyone needs any wiring diagrams for any Taurus year, model, what have you, just ask me what diagram you need, and so on and so forth. If you having problems with something, tell me whats going on, and i'll try my best to help you. I am going to school for ford right now, and am about half way through the ford fact program, so I could probably help you out.[/b]
I'll bet you can help out. I've got an '05 Taurus, 3.0 (vulcan) Sedan, Which was involved in a collision with airbag deployment. The airbag thing ain't no big deal, but the power distrobution box was pretty well mangled.
I replaced the box, by removing and installing the connectors one at a time. (insuring that I got them back in the proper holes) Had to replace a few relays that were destroyed in the wreck. examined the wiring harness, and found a couple of skint wires, but none (obviously) broken.

Get everything hooked up, and turn the key to "on" and get all the idiot lights, the airbag light does it's thing and goes out, I then turn the key to "start" and nuttin'. No click, no buzz just nuttin'. I go out and check the relay connections, it's got it's full time hot, and the signal wire from the switch to the relay will energize when the switch is turned to "start". I noticed that the "theft" light is flashing. I check all the fuses, and find them to be good.
On a lark, I plug in the Genesis and find that it cannot communicate with the OBDII.
looks like I'm gonna haffta "ring" out the harness, but I'd hate to start without a good wiring diagram.

It's possable that I may have a wire crossed in the Power dist. box, but not probable.

The boss swears that it's not wreck related, but something that I did.
May well be, but I kinda doubt it, as I hate it when I screw up, and go to great lengths to avoid screw-ups.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Defiantly make sure that your are using a Transponder Key. IF so then you will need to Diagnose the PATS circuit. Any Damage to steering column in the wreck?

·
Registered
38 Posts
If it's an 05 it should be. If your key has black rubber around it and your vehicle has an anti theft system, you have a transponder key.

Also, if you happen to have a blank key cut, and you use it to turn the car on and the car turns off or the anit theft light blinks, you have a transponder key.

·
Registered
3 Posts
BY GUM!! They said it couldn't be done, But I done it!! :D (with ya'll's help)

I fixed it! Remember the demolished Power Distribution Box? I replaced it, and thr root of all evil lied within.
one of the wires going to the PCM relay, had an internal break right at the pin.
Snipped off the old pin, installed a new one and Rock-and-Roll!!

Now I gotta 'splain to th' boss why I gotta replace th' seatbelts, in order to get th' "airbag" light to go out. :rolleyes2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
WOW!!! Am I ever glad I found this thread. I have an 01 taurus wagon with a vulcan engine and so far this car has been awesome for me. No major problems other than typical wear parts. But now I find myself chasing down a missfire problem and it looks to have been found to be the coil. The best I have found for a coil (1F2U-12029-AC)where I am is $110 for a USED one. I am NOT paying that much for a used coil. So after a TON of looking around I found the Accell Supercoil #140035 which is "supposed" to be a direct replacement for this coil.

So now after I get everything I need to get this installed I find that the conector is not the same on on the OEM coil. I'm NOT happy about this. I've done so mch looking around and contacting Accell and Ford directly and so far I haven't found any of the info I need. From what I can see this coil WILL work provided I get an adaptor to go from the OEM coil to the Accell one. So once I find out what engines the Accell coil is for I can find out what connector I need.

So my question is this: I need a wiring diragram that shows the pin-outs for the coil connector. I suppose that a general ignition diagram would work as long as it shows which wires in the coil connector go where. Any ideas?

Any help you can give is AMAZINGLY appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
QUOTE (enjoymentboy @ Apr 27 2009, 01:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721019
WOW!!! Am I ever glad I found this thread. I have an 01 taurus wagon with a vulcan engine and so far this car has been awesome for me. No major problems other than typical wear parts. But now I find myself chasing down a missfire problem and it looks to have been found to be the coil. The best I have found for a coil (1F2U-12029-AC)where I am is $110 for a USED one. I am NOT paying that much for a used coil. So after a TON of looking around I found the Accell Supercoil #140035 which is "supposed" to be a direct replacement for this coil.

So now after I get everything I need to get this installed I find that the conector is not the same on on the OEM coil. I'm NOT happy about this. I've done so mch looking around and contacting Accell and Ford directly and so far I haven't found any of the info I need. From what I can see this coil WILL work provided I get an adaptor to go from the OEM coil to the Accell one. So once I find out what engines the Accell coil is for I can find out what connector I need.

So my question is this: I need a wiring diragram that shows the pin-outs for the coil connector. I suppose that a general ignition diagram would work as long as it shows which wires in the coil connector go where. Any ideas?

Any help you can give is AMAZINGLY appreciated.[/b]

From 2003 diagram, Yours may be different
My diagram shows a 4 pin connector Pins 1 -3 lead to the PCM
Pin 1 is Yellow and Black - To Cylinder 1 and 5
Pin 2 is Yellow and White - To Cylinder 2 and 6
Pin 3 is Yellow and Red - To Cylinder 3 and 4
Pin 4 is Red only Voltage supplied in start and Run

Hope that helps

Attachments

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.