Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i recently want to change my cd playe i do it so with a esay way , i go to a store that sell the wiring kit to do it like plug and play.........real scrap!!!!

Now i need the color of the speaker to wire my nery radio......and don't give me the link to the sticky thread........i try this one and found nothing for the radio......http://shoforum.com/diagrams/1995.htm

The fact is i look at it and it says : lft fr speaker orange with green line......

Wow that is not my color, because first a got to cut like a square connector and the color for the speaker are:
Brown.......no line off different color
light blue /white
white/orange
white/red
light green......no line off different color
purple/white
yellow.......no line off different color
light blue......no line off different color

this doesn't work with what says on the connection off radio, and even when i go in my trunk, it is not the same color then the front.......weird

and also........my power antenna work well, with the panasonic , but it only go up , when i put it on "tuner"....if i put it on "aux or cd"....it go down, is it normal?

Right now the radio can turn on and everything work!, but no speaker can be wire, did i broke something, because i know in the begining i heard some sound of the music , but i try to wire some possibility , but nothing work!......help me please!

(by the way , i got a 1995 SHO)....original deck with tape player

·
Premium Member
589 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just check the site and they says i should not have cut the big grey wire........that bad! because right not everything work except i have no sound!..........OMG i hope i didn't broke anything!

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
OK. So from what I get, you are switching out your original for an aftermarket. You got an install kit. You got everything but the speakers to work.

First off, it makes sense that when you turn the headunit to something other then tuner the antenna would go down.

Second,
-light blue /white
-white/orange
-white/red
-purple/white

Those would be the speaker wires.
Brown, yellow, green, and light blue are power and switch wires

For a 95 SHO, why are you in the trunk? It was 96 and after that has the RCU in the trunk.

I haven't done an install on a Gen II, so I'm not sure what help I can be. I kinda wanted to make sure I had the right info first.

One question, do you know the name of the install kit?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just buy a new kit to install the radio that made for a SHO or a lincoln......and the color for the speaker are the one a says........the power and mem and ground are on another bracket there is no problem with the power supply.......

only the speaker don't work , i go in the trunk because all the wire for the speaker go from the dash, to the trunk first! to the JBL amplifier and after that go to the speaker (as i can see)......so maybe the problem is there!........anyway ill hook everything back together the wire bracket and installe the new wire bracket tomorrow.....i'll give you a call if it doesn't work.....

But is it possible to break a after market CD player.......i mean only the sound, but everything else work fine????......i never seen that before!

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Make sure you are connecting the speakers right. They are polarized. Must get the plus and minus right. Just a tip.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Constant 12V+-------Light Green/Yellow
Switched 12V+-------Yellow/Black
Ground----------------Black
Illumination-----------Light Blue/Red
Dimmer ---------------n/a
Antenna Trigger------Orange/Light Blue
Antenna---------------Left Rear
Front Speakers---6 1/2" Doors
Left Front (+)---------Orange/Light Green
Left Front (-)----------Light Blue/White
Right Front (+)--------White/Light Green
Right Front (-)---------Dark Green/Orange
Rear Speakers---5" x 7" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+)----------Pink/Light Green
Left Rear (-)-----------Dark Blue/Orange
Right Rear (+)---------Pink/Light Blue
Right Rear (-)----------Tan/White

Remember to DMM every suspected wire to double check.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by blurredvision406@Mar 25 2005, 09:24 PM
Constant 12V+-------Light Green/Yellow
Switched 12V+-------Yellow/Black
Ground----------------Black
Illumination-----------Light Blue/Red
Dimmer ---------------n/a
Antenna Trigger------Orange/Light Blue
Antenna---------------Left Rear
Front Speakers---6 1/2" Doors
Left Front (+)---------Orange/Light Green
Left Front (-)----------Light Blue/White
Right Front (+)--------White/Light Green
Right Front (-)---------Dark Green/Orange
Rear Speakers---5" x 7" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+)----------Pink/Light Green
Left Rear (-)-----------Dark Blue/Orange
Right Rear (+)---------Pink/Light Blue
Right Rear (-)----------Tan/White

Remember to DMM every suspected wire to double check.
Yep that is right for a regular taurus......

But this doesn't work with the radio with the JBL amplifier and subwoofer , the color are not this one, (for the speaker only......the rest is the same, power, 12v, antenna, etc.....

tomorrow i'm going to try again with a new kit!......hope i just don't have break something when 2 speaker wire touch together!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
I finally manage to make work everything!..

So 2 little tips for the other if there is!!!......if you have a 92-95 SHO or with the JBL amplifier system

1: Never try to wire a radio with original subwoofer yourself......don't cut anything, go to a car stereo shop and buy the bracket that go from youre FORD wire bracket to the color of the aftermarket one........it cost 15$ but do it!!!!!!!

2: If you still don't have sound or the radio work but not the CD player......wire the blue with white line/ with, the blue wire! and the blue wire / with, the blue with white line together.........it seem crazy but it work very fine now!!!!!!.........and if you intend to put a aftermarket sub you will need to take the AMP wire, into the trunk!!!!! or bypass the origininal JBL amplifier ( they give the bracket to bypass the amp in the kit I buy, but i didn't use it yet!!!!)

So thank of all your help.....and hope this will be useful for someone else

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need radio color wiring diagram for 2005 ford taurus plz

Idk wat color is wat or wat color goes to wat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts