Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,
i have looked now for one hour and not found what i need. can someone please lead me in the direction of testing the wiper system. a complete how to would be awsome.
i have a 96 and the front wipers and washer fluid do not work at all. the horn, high beams, turn signals all work. I checked the fuse and its fine.

also i would like to clean the muti function switch. is there a detailed write up on how to do this?
any help will be awsome. I have not had wipers since the end of last winter. rain x is really becomeing a pain to put on all the time. and it is really hard to see if it is just misting.

thanks to anyone who can help. the more in depth the procedures the better i will understand. walking me through like a little kid will not hurt my feelings.
sorry i reposted because i posted i the wrong area

·
Registered
541 Posts
Did you check your underhood fuse box? The one in front on the right near the radiator it too has a wiper fuse and/or a relay.

·
Registered
23,579 Posts
Check topic finder or wiki for a how-to on cleaning mfs. Im guessing its your problem. Or poss. the wiper motor.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok
nothing found. i tried the search and topic finder. everything i see is only solved problems or people with the same problem as me.
can someone please send me a direct link to cleaning the MFS please.
thanks again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i forgot to ask also for a direct link for using a mult meter on all the wiper components.
thanks

·
Registered
23,579 Posts
Tbird86, go to the home page (click on home at the top left of this page) and click on wiki, then maintenance, then electrical. For the electrical testing of the switch, click on forums ( next to home at the top of this page) drop down to maintenance and click on its subforum solutions to common problems. Testing info is on first page sticky in a topic by mexijames provided by shoz123. Good luck!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you, sheila
i finally found the mfs switch. but have not clue on how to work a ohm meter. if i have a test light what indicates a closed or open circut. nothing is explained in detail enough.

the wiki thing does not work. i clicked on it and it said page cannot be displayed or something. can you post a direct link please
thanks
maybe i will just by one

·
Registered
23,579 Posts
Try it again. Click on home (top left of this page), then wiki, then maintenance and then electrical. There are 2 good threads about cleaning the mfs.

·
Registered
23,579 Posts
Tbird86, i apologize. A few days ago when i posted those directional links, i was able to pull up the wiki, but tonight am getting a blank page??? Those same 2 threads are at the very bottom of the topic finder too, but likewise, unable to access those too??? You might try a search for : multi-function switch cleaning and testing. Mods (administrators), can we get some help or an explanation here???

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks again.
hello, hello, are their any mods that can help. i tried the topic finder thinking it would be in their but still nothing. can someone please post or send me to a website that has this info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts